Problem recognizing dream signs

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MajorSecond

Problem recognizing dream signs

Postby MajorSecond » 12 Apr 2012 20:25

Since I'm relatively new at this, I'm relying on becoming conscious within my dream to become lucid before I try anything more difficult. I do reality checks frequently (most of the time I look at my hands and try to push one through the other or through a wall, if I'm at school I'll look in my text book, look away, and look back to see if it changed, etc), but for some reason in my dreams I rarely do them. I will perform one only if something seems to be off, however there are no talking pigs or anything crazy like that in my dreams. I can't recognize dream signs because there seem to be none, at least that I can remember. It's almost like things go about as normal and the events that take place make sense to me. Sometimes even when I wake up I'm confused as to where I am because things are so realistic. I guess I'm either not good at recognizing dream signs or there aren't very many things that could be considered one. How could I improve my ability to recognize dream signs?

JessicaSP

Re: Problem recognizing dream signs

Postby JessicaSP » 14 Apr 2012 23:03

I'm a beginner as well (so take my advice with a grain of salt!), but it helps me to be able to recognize emotional cues. When I feel irritated/frustrated for seemingly no reason, I remember to ask myself "Why?" and that generally leads to me becoming conscious. Also, I justify dream situations a lot so everything seems "normal" to me too. Lately, I've been trying to use these moments of justification to induce lucidity. It worked this morning for the first time!

thomas

Re: Problem recognizing dream signs

Postby thomas » 16 Apr 2012 21:06

I have had almost no success in recognizing dream signs - and I see them a lot. The only dream sign that will work for me is breathing under water. That doesn't happen often. I have found other LD techniques to be much more successful. Maybe give some of the others a try. Each person is different and what works for one may not work for another. It took me quite awhile to find a consistent technique. Good luck.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”