Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
evermore

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby evermore » 05 Apr 2012 03:37

I need help wilding because i have no clue how to do anything as soon as i get into hypnojojia or whatever. Please help :D
Forevermore trying to dream in the endless landscape of lucid dreaming.

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 05 Apr 2012 05:47

Have you had a lucid dream yet?

evermore

Postby evermore » 05 Apr 2012 17:53

No i havent

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 06 Apr 2012 04:59

The WILD technique is for more experienced lucid dreamers, it's highly unlikely that you will have your first lucid dream by this technique. I suggest using the MILD technique, I had my first lucid dream this way.

evermore

Postby evermore » 06 Apr 2012 05:38

So i suppose just use dild or whatever were i sleep six hours and then be active an hour then do mild

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 06 Apr 2012 14:26

If you really want to, I've just used the mild technique with reality checks and I just had another lucid dream last night : D we probably can get some other opinions too

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 06 Apr 2012 18:08

LieutenantParth wrote:Hi everyone. I have been practising lucid dreaming since a month or so. I have become lucid 4 times but whenever i realize that i am dreaming my head spins and i wake up. This happens every time i become lucid.I am in a habit of doing reality checks very frequently but i never do reality checks in dreams. I have never become lucid by doing a reality check. I wonder how much time this habit will take to become a habit in a dream. I am not giving up. I cant die as a happy man until unless i learn lucid dreaming. I want some tips and i need answer to my questions. I will appreciate everyone's help.

You are most likely waking up because you are getting too excited in the dream. Don't get discouraged as this is an extremely common beginner problem. My advice is as soon as you become lucid, look at the ground and start rubbing your hands together. Once you have the dream stabilized a bit, command clarity. Speak directly to your dream and say, "Clarity now!" or something along those lines. Keep repeating until your dream is as clear as you want it to be. As for the reality checks, just keep at it, the reality checks aren't entirely just so you can start doing them spontaneously in a dream, but they are also meant to raise your awareness in your waking life so that that awareness will transfer into your dreams.
The mind is a beautiful thing

LieutenantParth

Postby LieutenantParth » 15 Apr 2012 07:03

Thanks for ur help. One more problem has arised my friends. I did a reality check in dream but it did not work. My default reality check is to push my hand through wall. It didnt work. need help!

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 16 Apr 2012 13:06

This is a problem that I too have experienced. You always have to keep in mind that if you have to question if you are in a dream, 99% of the time, you are. When I came along this problem, my solution was simple. Do more reality checks. If one doesn't work, try another. If your hand wont go through the wall, try closing your mouth and plugging your nose and see if you can still breath, or try and remember how you got to where you are. If you do two or three, one of them is going to work. Just be persistent; sticking to your guns is one of the hardest parts about beginning lucid dreaming.
The mind is a beautiful thing

LieutenantParth

Postby LieutenantParth » 16 Apr 2012 18:00

Yeah, i will surely do this. Thanks for ur help. I wan to stay in touch with u all lucid dreamers. Give me ur facebook id. I will need ur help in future

Return to “For Beginners”