Hit me with a big stick and wake me up

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Re: Hit me with a big stick and wake me up

Postby Peter » 19 Apr 2012 20:35

We know that the best receptive state for the SC is during a dream/LD. The next is during the light sleep/meditation stage. So it's obvious from how I see it: Our best bet of feeding info to our SC is during an LD, specifically by using emotion and intent to communicate. I will experiment with this during my next LDs and report back. If I can get my SC in the habit of thinking about waking/sleeping states during my LDs, then the SC will continue to do it on it's own when I am not lucid, essentially producing more "aha! I'm dreaming!" moments. I think we are getting somewhere.

Its worth putting in effort anyway and the effort alone will most likely create some more lucid states so it cant do much harm.
I have always used non-verbal communication with the DC but this was another type, its sort of thinking of what you want to say and them imagining it as a ball of energy and then thinking very strongly that I want this answered. The intended DC seemed to receive it and then had to respond.
What was so startling to me was in the first instance they would not answer, just like a kid that wont fess up to doing something and then by going from non-verbal communication to this next type they could not help by respond.
I feel like it was something responding that didnt want to and so leads to wonder if it was a something as in some form of energy that really does exist outside of my mind rather that just extracting some answers from a what I call a big database of left over energy.
Reluctant really to go past simply thinking I have found a new way for me anyway to communicate at this stage and will form up a plant.
As for intent and emotion to the DC, I think you said you were in the forces so my intent was with the strength of someone in charge of a lot of people and I made it plane in a quiet way that they will answer and there was no room for debate. You might relate to this sort of instruction
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Apr 2012 21:57

another idea on imprinting is to do so in a time based way. I tied a few weeks back to ask myself if I was awake and it would only be a couple of hours of this and if I stopped asking then every few minutes the question would ask itself. I had to laugh because it became quite annoying as it came back and required answering all by itself. Its the same principle as setting the alarm clock and then on the weekends you wake up anyway. I have not used and alarm clock for years and wake up at set times through the night nearly all the time.

I only tried the am I awake for a couple of hours while I was driving one day and have not done so since but think it might work well if for say 3 or 4 hours before bed you ask yourself and then stop and see if the question comes to mind by itself.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 28 Jul 2012 05:21

Peter wrote:I only tried the am I awake for a couple of hours while I was driving one day and have not done so since but think it might work well if for say 3 or 4 hours before bed you ask yourself and then stop and see if the question comes to mind by itself.

Have you had any luck with trying this again?

I bought a new watch 2 months ago and set it to beep every hour. I do a reality check each time I hear it, which is usually about half the time. I'm surprised that my watch is not beeping in my dreams. I half expected it to and was excited to have a greater chance at an LD but it has not happened yet :(. During my last LD I looked at my watch and it did show up as my new watch and not my old one, so that's good.

I'm still working on using intent to communicate with DC by the way. The past few LDs I've just forgotten about it. And I've only had 2 LDs this month which is sad.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jul 2012 07:33

No not for a while, I was away in the states for a few weeks and let the dreams happen as they wished and had a few lucids and been home for a while and smashed with the flu so in cruise mode. I had had a few lucids and been putting more thought into the link between spontanious lucids and reality checks and induction methods.

Where I am now is that most of my spontanious lucids come after I touch and rub my hands on some surface. If I rub my fingers on rocks or my bare feet on the tile floor at home then it will a lot of time occur in my dreams and I will often get lucid from here. I have done this a few times when driving my car (in a dream - a car I have had for about 30 years) I will be rubbing my hands on the steering wheel and think for no reason am I lucid and then be in the dream. I was in a dream a few nights back and needed to go to the toilet so ducked into an alley in a town and leaned against the wall, as soon as my hands touched the surface of the building I started to feel the texture of the blocks and then had the thougth am I dreaming.

What I now think that the touch should come first and then the association, it gives a direct tactile link that can trigger a thought and that is the association that I am trying. I will touch and feel a surface like a stone wall and then think am I dreaming. At times I am distracted and will be fiddling with a pen or a pebble ( I keep them handy...I like stones and rocks) and when I realize that I am doing this I will ask myself am I dreaming. The reality check is to gently rub the surface and in dreams they have always disloved and allowed me to push my fingers into the object.

On another note I have got my partner to the point of having her first lucid dream and that has been cool. It was not to long ago that she would declare that she does not dream

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Jul 2012 05:56

Peter wrote:its insane, I have several very vivid dreams each night and make decisions in them but still am that one dot away from becoming fully lucid.

Yes, I think I know exactly what you mean. The trend with my dreams are that the experiences seem to be blending togther and the differences are getting smaller, harder to detect. Vivid dreams are becoming more real and lucid, while lucid dreams are becoming more like vivid dreams. And it's getting harder to tell which is which. I don't think it was 100%, but was it 90% lucid, or 95%? And while I'm at it, waking life seems to be getting strange for me too, looking a lot more like dream life these days.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jul 2012 09:27

Vivid dreams are becoming more real and lucid, while lucid dreams are becoming more like vivid dreams. And it's getting harder to tell which is which. I don't think it was 100%, but was it 90% lucid, or 95%? And while I'm at it, waking life seems to be getting strange for me too, looking a lot more like dream life these days.

It gets like that and quite intense at times. I am travelling and do most of my this alone so the interactions with other people are quite limited (by choice) and tonight I was in the dining room at the hotel and it was big enough for 10+ people and I am the only one there. its feels odd and you scan to see if its real, it is but with dimmed lighting it all gets quite sureal.

One dream I had a few nights back I was lying down and a lady was putting her hands on my head and eyes, she was instructing me to keep my eyes closed and feel the energy from her hands and to open up to this. I didnt get it at first and she kept at it, the next time I got could see it and feel the power of it in my mind as it went from visual to in me. To me this is not lucid but so real and so much awareness, the lines are very blurred these days but I still call these dreams vivid and not lucid.

It gets more like daily life with stability and increased reacall but without the spark of (I am dreaming) I hesatate to call it lucid

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”