Signs that you are dreaming about lucid dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Signs that you are dreaming about lucid dreaming

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Apr 2012 17:29

I just had on of these and thought about how to tell the difference from a dream about a lucid dream vs. an actual lucid dream. These are observations I've made.

1. Transition into lucidity: When dreaming about lucid dreams, the transition into lucidity is easier, more natural and seems planned. Of course it's not always difficult to go into real lucidity, but there is usually more excitement and that "aha" moment. Dreams about Ld don't have much if any of that.

2. Realism quality: Dreams of lucid dreaming can be quite vivid as was my most recent, but they are still not up to the realism or the awareness level of a true lucid dream.

3. Dream memory quality: While the memory of my lucid dreams clearly stands out from the background long after the dream is over, dreams about lucid dreams fade at the same rate as regular dreams and really don't stand out. Memories about true lucid dreams are much more like memories of waking life.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Signs that you are dreaming about lucid dreaming

Postby Rebecca » 19 Apr 2012 23:55

Good idea to categorize the two as separate experiences, as I know some beginners get confused and frustrated over this and think there must be something terribly wrong. For me:

DREAMING OF LUCID DREAMING - A vague, typical dream in which the mention of lucidity still doesn't trigger an inner awareness. It's a good sign that lucidity is embedded in your subconscious, but unfortunately you are not aware enough to make good of that trigger. Reality checks and meditation should help improve your mindfulness of your surroundings and create lucidity more often, but beginners needn't worry because even advanced lucid dreamers suffer this from time to time. When I wake up I think "MEH."

LUCID DREAMING - A vivid, intense dream in which my senses spark up and come to life. I will remember the moment of becoming lucid very vividly and have the continued awareness that I'm inside the dream world. I can control the dream, or at least try to control the dream (often happens when only semi lucid), and am capable of running my own inner thoughts separate from the events of the dream. When I wake up I think "YESSS!"

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Apr 2012 04:01

Rebecca wrote:am capable of running my own inner thoughts separate from the events of the dream. When I wake up I think "YESSS!"

Sometimes when I get lucid in a dream I say to myself "Got it!"

Thoughts separate from the dream. That's good. I need to add this to the list. That's a big difference. I find the thoughts while lucid in a dream are completely different from any dream. In a dream about a lucid dream all thoughts would be at the same level and no separation.

These dreams about lucid dreaming are fairly good forgeries, except for the concious awareness which is of course the major difference. Everything else is very similar: I do reality checks, touch the solidity of the dream world, even tell DCs "We are in a dream and by the way, what do you think about that!" As usual, DCs are great listeners but don't say too much.

But now I'm ready for the real thing. Time for the next lucid dream!!!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

12padams

Postby 12padams » 24 Apr 2012 14:41

Ah, you have finally touched on my most sensitive subject however your actually on my side for once (many others can't grasp this concept).

For those who don't know I have devoted my life to writing a book about lucid dreaming for each year of my life. This year it's about researching everything about dream characters however last year it was about proving the existance of lucid dreaming and discovering the difference between a real lucid and simulated lucid dream.

The hands down best way you can determine the difference is if you have a plan to carry out which you absolutely will follow in your next lucid dream at any cost. If you don't follow your multistep plan then your obviously not lucid because that's the only thing you would do if you were lucid. I have done a lot of research into this and at the back of my first book "Entering The Phase - a 17 Year-Old's Journey" I made two tables which list both my simulated and real lucid dreams.

Thank you so much for achknowledging the existance of simulated lucidity and understanding that it differs from low lucidity. If you want to check out my book with the tables in it then you can do so at the following link but make sure you download the right book because I have multiple ones :)

http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

Good luck in your research! Get the message of simulated lucidity around because the lack of acceptance of it among many groups (especially astral projection groups) is driving me crazy :(
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Apr 2012 04:26

lucidinthe sky wrote:But now I'm ready for the real thing. Time for the next lucid dream!!!

I'm so glad I posted this last night before going to sleep. Guess what happened?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”