Rediculously close to being lucid

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ikamon357

Rediculously close to being lucid

Postby Ikamon357 » 22 Apr 2012 04:41

—I am in a small room with one little window. Im sitting on a booth and there is four unknown people around me. Im giving a very longlecture on lucid dreams and things you can do in them. At the end of the lecture I try and kid around with them. I say "You know, Were actually dreaming right now!". One of them says "really?" and I reply,"No, Im just kidding"—

Now that Ive woken up, I cant believe how close I was. The word "lucid" itself has become one of my dream signs because I have a dream in which lucid dreams are mentioned almost every week, yet Ive only had two LDs out of the 100 dreams Ive written down (btw, today was my 100th dream journal. CELEBRATE!!!) I think simply having an obsession with something and thinking about it before bed is a very convienient way to have a lucid dream because thatis how Ive had both of my LDs.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Arcadian

Re: Rediculously close to being lucid

Postby Arcadian » 22 Apr 2012 05:19

Wow haha that is really close. I bet that was frustrating, but still kinda cool that it happened none the less.

Peter and I were talking about something similar to this in his topic "Hit me with a stick and wake me up".
Basically the subconscious doesn't always understand the meaning behind words, like lucid for instance, so we have to communicate to it with thought and emotion.

Try questioning your awareness every time you hear the word "lucid". I imagine it would be quite tiresome, but you may get good results once your SC is trained to truly think when certain words are said. Your already halfway there if lucid is your dream sign.

That's a cool dream though, and congrats on your 100th dream journal entry! I've been lazy with mine. I pause for 10 minutes after waking up in the mornings and if any dreams were special or important I write them down. If not I just choose to forget them.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

natcrew

Postby natcrew » 23 Apr 2012 18:06

My thoughts...?
I agree with Arcadian :)
Everytime you think about lucid dreaming or hear someone mention it, think to your self
"COULD I BE DREAMING?" And perform a reality check

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 24 Apr 2012 06:01

Argh! the same ting has been happening to me. Last night while dreaming i read a magazine and on the first page it was advertising lucid dreaming (this site and rebeccas products). Instead of it being a trigger for lucid dreaming i thought 'woah now they are being advertised in magazines...!'
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Apr 2012 04:10

Yea, I've had dreams where I am discussing lucid dreaming with someone, but never actually realize it.

I had a dream were I was playing a weird board game outdoors and I couldn't read one of the cards. I joked, "Am I dreaming?" and everybody laughed and we carried on.

BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE FEELING WHEN YOU ASK YOURSELF, "AM I DREAMING", AND YOU UNQUESTIONABLY ANSWER, YES!

Sometimes what happens after is never as exciting as that first eureka moment!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Nightless

Postby Nightless » 20 Jul 2012 15:13

Oh dang that must suck! That happened to me so many times too...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”