I have a question about dream journals

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ikamon357

I have a question about dream journals

Postby Ikamon357 » 22 Apr 2012 04:30

Everyone is always going on about how a dream journal and decent dream recollection is one of the many gateways to lucidity. I have a very good dream recall and only have missed 3 of the 100 dreams Ive written down. I understand the whole process but I what would like to know is the reason why dream recall helps to have lucid dreams. I know there are reasons like knowing your dream signs but I could come up with a huge list of those without any other source or process. Why do you do this step?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Peter

Re: I have a question about dream journals

Postby Peter » 22 Apr 2012 06:04

good question and my first thougth is that I dont really know. Moving on, I do it for fun and to record progress in how my dreams change, it also makes me more aware of dreaming and I have the habit of thinking about dreams and remembering them as I drift off so that may help with LD
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 22 Apr 2012 07:26

1. By recalling and recording dreams one is incubating remembering them and also having them.
2. My remembering them one is also incubating trying to become lucid in ones dreams increasing the chance you'll you'll remember reality checks.

It's using the same technique that one uses on oneself in religion. By reading the bible one incubates it's morality and it springs to mind in real life situations and by praying one incubates submission to and love of God.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 23 Apr 2012 01:19

Thanks, both of these gave me a pretty different (both being valid) view on why we write down dreams.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

LucidDreamNews

Postby LucidDreamNews » 23 Apr 2012 16:49

The practice of writing in a dream journal gives your subconscious mind the message that “you are listening” and that “you care”. The more you note down in your journal the richer your dreams will be with detail. It’s an important step along the way to lucid dreaming.
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com

Return to “For Beginners”