Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Isaac

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 18 Mar 2017 13:55

lucidé wrote:Sometimes when you have an SP episode, it might not always end up being the most comfortable situation. SP can be part of the WILD technique as well. If you are already seeing figures and interacting, you are already in a dream. You just need to find the dream controls needed to move your dream body, and sometimes it can take more than one try to do this.
Wait does closing your eyes in your dream end it, because the other day i had a dream and i saw this guy, and he looked really creepy, and i remember closing my eyes and then the dream just ended. And another question is, is a semi-lucid dream when you kind of realize your dreaming, but because your not positive, you can't control anything, and then the dream just continues? Because i think i might have had one of those. Last question if i only remember like 4 dreams a night, is there a chance that the like 1 or 2 dreams i don't remember are lucid dreams, or will you most likely remember a lucid dream.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 19 Mar 2017 06:23

You have to be 100% sure it is a dream in order for it to be lucid. This raises your confidence when you believe you are dreaming.
For example, the time I induced a MILD technique during a medical procedure, when I found myself looking up at that same ceiling when I regained consciousness in my dream, I almost appeared to be wearing the mask and wasn't affected and hearing breathing that wasn't mine when I wasn't needing to breathe myself. I check my breathing sometimes (a dream sign, if I hear my breathing pattern, and I am not breathing, I have entered my WILD successfully) when I induce some types of the WILD technique. I became 100% sure I was in a dream because of this.

It's possible to forget some lucid dreams if they are frequent and some of them aren't as fun as others.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 21 Mar 2017 01:35

lucidé wrote:You have to be 100% sure it is a dream in order for it to be lucid. This raises your confidence when you believe you are dreaming.
For example, the time I induced a MILD technique during a medical procedure, when I found myself looking up at that same ceiling when I regained consciousness in my dream, I almost appeared to be wearing the mask and wasn't affected and hearing breathing that wasn't mine when I wasn't needing to breathe myself. I check my breathing sometimes (a dream sign, if I hear my breathing pattern, and I am not breathing, I have entered my WILD successfully) when I induce some types of the WILD technique. I became 100% sure I was in a dream because of this.

It's possible to forget some lucid dreams if they are frequent and some of them aren't as fun as others.

so technically i coulda already had a lucid dream via dild or wild but i just might not know it (already had 1 via SP, but i dont count that as earning a ld, simply because its super easy that way, and SP only comes up every so often.) Also do you really need a dream journal cuz im getting sick of waking up 3 times a night and righting down my dreams, it's so unnatural and i hate the feeling of forcing yourself to stay awake like that. And if i wait till the morning then ill only remember like 1 or 2 dreams. Idk this whole things been very frustrating it's been 25 days and only one time did i actually induce a lucid dream via dild, and of course the dream ended. And i mean forget the lucid dream by the time you wake up, not over time.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 21 Mar 2017 02:48

Isaac wrote:
lucidé wrote:You have to be 100% sure it is a dream in order for it to be lucid. This raises your confidence when you believe you are dreaming.

so technically i coulda already had a lucid dream via dild or wild but i just might not know it (already had 1 via SP, but i dont count that as earning a ld, simply because its super easy that way, and SP only comes up every so often.) Also do you really need a dream journal cuz im getting sick of waking up 3 times a night and righting down my dreams, it's so unnatural and i hate the feeling of forcing yourself to stay awake like that. And if i wait till the morning then ill only remember like 1 or 2 dreams. Idk this whole things been very frustrating it's been 25 days and only one time did i actually induce a lucid dream via dild, and of course the dream ended. And i mean forget the lucid dream by the time you wake up, not over time.

If you don't like writing them down, why not use a voice recorder on an IPhone or a tape player and record your dreams through your voice instead? It works just as well as writing them down. In this video, this one kid who was struggling with nightmares after suffering some trauma. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeV0T2MAIEQ 4:52 after having his flying dream where his flying above the shrine, and a girl is looking up at him, he is talks about his flying dream and his nightmare in his audio dream journal. 12:34 He induces a conscious entry into a dream during class (not all conscious entries are lucid dream). 14:40, he recognizes he is in that same reoccurring nightmare again, and while in that episode he wasn't able to do much about it, he made progress by becoming aware he was in a dream (too bad that anime series didn't continue with lucid dreaming as his psychological progression, but it did show at least in the first episode how lucid dreaming and keeping track of dreams in a journal work)

Yes it's possible to forget a lucid dream, but not likely.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 23 Mar 2017 18:43

lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote:

If you don't like writing them down, why not use a voice recorder on an IPhone or a tape player and record your dreams through your voice instead? It works just as well as writing them down. In this video, this one kid who was struggling with nightmares after suffering some trauma. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeV0T2MAIEQ 4:52 after having his flying dream where his flying above the shrine, and a girl is looking up at him, he is talks about his flying dream and his nightmare in his audio dream journal. 12:34 He induces a conscious entry into a dream during class (not all conscious entries are lucid dream). 14:40, he recognizes he is in that same reoccurring nightmare again, and while in that episode he wasn't able to do much about it, he made progress by becoming aware he was in a dream (too bad that anime series didn't continue with lucid dreaming as his psychological progression, but it did show at least in the first episode how lucid dreaming and keeping track of dreams in a journal work)

Ok that's good to know, i had my 2nd or 3rd (maybe) lucid dream today. BUT the reason why i didn't count the other 2 as actual progress was because i didn't use any actual methods, i just happened to get SP. And this one was kinda using DILD but not really. So this is what happened. I went to sleep and i had some kratom before hand (which is a GODSEND FOR INDUCING WILDS or lucid dreams in general) and i started trying to WILD and within literally 5 minutes i got closer to WILDing then ever before, and i almost made it to the point were i could have just fallen in one of the images i saw but something happened like my brain must have got side tracked and i just started dreaming unconsciously. But when i fell into the dream state i had been doing reality checks while awake in bed so i FINALLY did one in my dream with no catches, and i was able to fly around. And it was really dark in my dream for some reason and so i got scared and tried making the lights turn on and i did. BUT ironically my BROTHER CAME in and turned on the lights then woke me up asking for my laptop, withing seconds of having my first LD, couldn't have had better timing. And the thing that really annoys me is i still don't know if i turned the lights on in my dream, or if my brother did while waking me up. But anyways i nonetheless technically had my first LD via one of the actual strategies i wanted to use, and i found something to help anyone lucid dream easier (specifically WILD) and that would be using kratom, a perfectly good legal drug, and does more good than harm, and honestly it deserves it's own forum. Also i got two questions 1. Have you ever used kratom to induce lucid dreams. 2. When i was flying around my room could that have been and unintentional astral projection, because i was lying down in my bed, and this was i think seconds after i was somewhat conscious, and what i did was i think pretty similar to astral projection, i just tried flying upward towards my cieling and it worked. although im not sure if it was because i was somehow lying in my brothers bed when i did it, when in reality i didn't sleep actually sleep there.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 23 Mar 2017 21:59

Isaac wrote:
lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote:so technically i coulda already had a lucid dream via dild or wild but i just might not know it (already had 1 via SP, but i dont count that as earning a ld, simply because its super easy that way, and SP only comes up every so often.) Also do you really need a dream journal cuz im getting sick of waking up 3 times a night and righting down my dreams, it's so unnatural and i hate the feeling of forcing yourself to stay awake like that. And if i wait till the morning then ill only remember like 1 or 2 dreams. Idk this whole things been very frustrating it's been 25 days and only one time did i actually induce a lucid dream via dild, and of course the dream ended. And i mean forget the lucid dream by the time you wake up, not over time.

Ok that's good to know, i had my 2nd or 3rd (maybe) lucid dream today. BUT the reason why i didn't count the other 2 as actual progress was because i didn't use any actual methods, i just happened to get SP. And this one was kinda using DILD but not really. So this is what happened. I went to sleep and i had some kratom before hand (which is a GODSEND FOR INDUCING WILDS or lucid dreams in general) and i started trying to WILD and within literally 5 minutes i got closer to WILDing then ever before, and i almost made it to the point were i could have just fallen in one of the images i saw but something happened like my brain must have got side tracked and i just started dreaming unconsciously. But when i fell into the dream state i had been doing reality checks while awake in bed so i FINALLY did one in my dream with no catches, and i was able to fly around. And it was really dark in my dream for some reason and so i got scared and tried making the lights turn on and i did. BUT ironically my BROTHER CAME in and turned on the lights then woke me up asking for my laptop, withing seconds of having my first LD, couldn't have had better timing. And the thing that really annoys me is i still don't know if i turned the lights on in my dream, or if my brother did while waking me up. But anyways i nonetheless technically had my first LD via one of the actual strategies i wanted to use, and i found something to help anyone lucid dream easier (specifically WILD) and that would be using kratom, a perfectly good legal drug, and does more good than harm, and honestly it deserves it's own forum. Also i got two questions 1. Have you ever used kratom to induce lucid dreams. 2. When i was flying around my room could that have been and unintentional astral projection, because i was lying down in my bed, and this was i think seconds after i was somewhat conscious, and what i did was i think pretty similar to astral projection, i just tried flying upward towards my cieling and it worked. although im not sure if it was because i was somehow lying in my brothers bed when i did it, when in reality i didn't sleep actually sleep there.

1. I use legal prescription sleeping drugs to induce lucid dreams sometimes, myself. I used to use sleep pills, then I would get so tired in high school from them, I would end up inducing WILDs while I was in class.
2. What you did was what I would consider a WILD (if you were aware you were dreaming). I started having WILDs where I would fly around my room, my house, and around my hometown just like you. Although my WILDs were a little more intense, because I could see in full spectrum vision while flying around. WILDs like that are just dreams, and even when I left the random Pokemon card out to look at it in my WILD, and ended up getting the correct one in my lucid dream, I did have a 1 in 5,000 chance of getting the correct one in my lucid dream. Perhaps I have had lucky incidents similar to that in some of my WILDs, but it doesn't change the fact they are still lucid dreams in my perspective.

Pigcellated

Postby Pigcellated » 25 Mar 2017 20:39

I very rarely remember having actual dreams and wasn't sure if there was either a way to work towards remembering more or whether this is not fixable.
If it isn't fixable I was wondering if this would prevent me from having lucid dreams as I have sort of had them before but whenever I become aware of the dream it ends as far as I can remember.
Is this going to prevent me from having lucid dreams or just make it harder? Thanks.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 25 Mar 2017 23:05

Try waking up in the middle of the night and writing your dreams into a dream journal.

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 27 Mar 2017 21:25

lucidé wrote:Try waking up in the middle of the night and writing your dreams into a dream journal.
I don't know why but i keep on having interesting things happen that just lead to more and more questions. So i had about more lucid dreams this night than i did probably my whole life i had like a lucid dream cluster i guess you could say. So i of course found out a bunch of things and ran into a bunch of questions naturally. 1. So i had SP, BUT i know i was fully dreaming because i was in a different bed than the one i went to sleep in. So how come i wasn't able to move in SP, even though i was fully dreaming?(btw i could move a little bit like i could turn my body to look over my shoulders and i was literly trying for like 5 minutes just trying to get out of bed and experience my lucid dream but i couldn't i was stuck) 2. So i was flying in mid air when i realized i was dreaming and i looked at the world and i noticed that my dreaming world looked WAY more beautiful than before like i honestly though i was astral projecting because it looked that good, so i guess my question is can your dreams be more detailed and realistic than others?
(and naturally when i realized i was dreaming i crashed into a wall causing the dream to end) 3. Kind of similar to my last question, so i was walking down my school parking lot(not realizing i was dreaming) and i decided to do a reality check, but i looked around and thought in my head "this is way to realistic to be dream, there is know way i'm dreaming.'' And so it just continued on, so can dreams look JUST as realistic as the real world?
-Also i got some interesting points that im wondering if you could clear up about SP. So while i was in SP i knew i was dreaming by couple reasons 1. i noticed i was on a different bed than the one i fell asleep in. 2. when i found that out i tested all the reality checks i could,and some of them worked.(and i finally think i found out the one's that work for me FINALLY) But even when i new i was dreaming i still felt like i was in SP as in i couldn't move. So why is that, i always though when you fully dreaming you can move?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 28 Mar 2017 00:28

1. Sometimes it takes practice before your awareness completely becomes aware of your dream body, and you can take complete control over it.
2. Of course some of your lucid dreams can be more realistic and detailed than others. I've even had some accurate depictions of real world places in some of my lucid dreams before, and beyond full spectrum as well. Full spectrum increases the eyesight to high light levels, so I end up seeing all sorts of colors I could not see before outside of the lucid dream, including positive and negative photons. I don't believe my lucid dreams are real, even when I end up seeing something/an object/a place that is currently happening somewhere else.
3. Yes they can look as realistic as the real world. One time one of my professors commanded me to make my lucid dream exactly like real life so I could draw it out for his class. I didn't feel very healthy after he made me do this.

As for the SP, sometimes it takes practice on thinking about moving your dream body before you can move it. When I first experienced SP, I didn't even try that, I would just wait for a few minutes and then I would phase into a lucid dream.

Return to “For Beginners”