Question: Are Dream Characters Real?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SydTheCat

Question: Are Dream Characters Real?

Postby SydTheCat » 10 Apr 2012 22:38

Just was wondering how lucid dreamers feel about Dreamland.

I've read where people have told the dream characters that they are a dream, and they would respond
by saying, "How do you know I'm not dreaming you?"
Are we creating these worlds?
When we see our loved ones that have past, are they really them, or
our subconscious creating them as we remember them?
I personally believe we enter another dimension when we dream or astral project, and I think the people are conscious beings and the worlds are created by a collective conscious.
We are part of the collective, so I'm sure we have a part in creating things.

1. Do you think our subconscious is creating our dreams, along with the dream characters?
or
2. Are we actually entering another dimension, where the people are real?

Snaggle

Re: Question: Are Dream Characters Real?

Postby Snaggle » 11 Apr 2012 03:18

SydTheCat wrote:...I personally believe we enter another dimension when we dream or astral project, and I think the people are conscious beings and the worlds are created by a collective conscious.
We are part of the collective, so I'm sure we have a part in creating things.

Faith is faith, what is is, proof please.

1. Do you think our subconscious is creating our dreams, along with the dream characters?
or

That is the most likely and simplest explanation.

2. Are we actually entering another dimension, where the people are real?

No, as far as dreams, are astral realms just dreams- I think so.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2012 07:07

SydTheCat wrote:1. Do you think our subconscious is creating our dreams, along with the dream characters?or 2. Are we actually entering another dimension, where the people are real?

Actually, dreaming is a conscious process. If you watch the brain waves, they are almost identical to waking life.

Personally, I think were are creating all of it, waking and dream realities. Reality is a projection we create on to the screen of our consciousness. Most of the time we are creating the "other people" in our dreams, but I think it's possible to enter other dimensions and meet other people. We have the ability to create anything we want, we just don't always have all of the information we need.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 11 Apr 2012 23:15

The idea of the dreamworld being another dimension is a topic i would like to do research into. Personally, i believe this is in fact true, and that dream characters are 'real' but only whilst existing in the confines of said dimension.
Dreaming is my drug

AscendedSleeper

Postby AscendedSleeper » 14 Apr 2012 13:39

Bit of both.

I've seen drone entities, which were projected by my subconscious. They have a hollow, mindless quality.

Other entities seem real, because they radiate strong emotional energy.

Also, dream telepathy is real in my experience, though I have no control over it.

I used to sell books by mail order, and dream about reading the back of a particular book.

Then I'd wake up, check my e-mail, and find an order for the same book. (One of around 3000 in my inventory).

In which case, some of the entities in your dreams may originate from living human minds.

Wishing you lucidity,

A.S.

The spirit world is a high wire - don't look down.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 20 Apr 2012 03:00

I'm not sure they're real, but it's sometimes nice to think that they are. Since Lucid Dreams are very vivid, it's sometimes hard to think they're not.

Personally, I kind of hope some aspect of them could reach other dimensions or other planes of our reality. I lost my dad about a year ago and even though it's only a Lucid Dream, it's still nice to be able to sit down and talk with him. I guess it's only real if you believe that it's real.
There is no spoon.

12padams

Postby 12padams » 23 Apr 2012 11:35

Hi, you're in luck... Well you will be soon.

I am a researcher of the lucid dreaming/astral projection state but I call them both "the phase". My goal is to research a specific section of the phase for each year and document my experiences in a book per year. Last year my first book verified the existance of lucid dreaming and the ability to make a multistep plan and carry it out within a lucid dream. But this year... YOU'RE IN LUCK!!!

My book for this year is called "Phase Acquaintances - An 18-Year-Olds Nonphysical Social Life" which studies people within lucid dreams. Unfortunately I have just started writting it and made my initial goals/plans so there is no content yet... But here are my 5 main goals (not plans) to achieve throughout the book:

Goals:
-   Meet people and creatures within the phase that I have never seen before in real life.
-   Speak to phase people and obtain details such as their name, age, hobbies and appearance to get to know them better and revisit them in future phase experiences.
-   Befriend a phase person and get them to pull me into the phase as I sleep at night. This should become the perfect phase entry method, remove my fear of being in the phase by myself and become a lucidity trigger if I see that person within a dream.
-   Allow my best phase friend to show me around their house and introduce me to their family, friends and life. I will attempt to look up the details that the phase person gave me to see if they actually once existed or currently exist in real life.
-   Discover if I can bring the consciousness of a phase person into the physical world by allowing them to physically wake up in my body instead of myself.

As you can see I am going to spend a year performing very interesting research which could finally determine If dc's are real and if they can pull us into a lucid dream each night if we ask them to. At the back of the book is a "profiles" page which will list all the people I meet during my conscious lucid dreams in which I follow my plans.

If you are interested in checking out my research feel free to visit my blog and download my free ebooks (all my books are and always will be free). Remember that "Teenage Phase Adventures" is a book with my raw phase experiences/lucid dreams however my other books suck as "Phase Acquaintances" cover everything including the techniques I use to lucid dream as well as analysis and even my normal dreams and sleeping patterns. An early version of Phase Acquantances is available at the link below but its only got planning in it and nothing more so dont expect answers just yet :)

http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

Hope all goes well!
Last edited by 12padams on 26 Apr 2012 08:36, edited 2 times in total.
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 25 Apr 2012 19:21

It's a shame that someone who writes books doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're." :lol:
There is no spoon.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”