Lucid Dream Or Not?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kanasu

Lucid Dream Or Not?

Postby kanasu » 05 Apr 2017 06:17

I've been interested in having lucid dreams for a while now but I have not been constant with any of the techniques I've read about yet because of a heavy school and workload. But last night I woke up in the middle of the night on accident and stayed up for while and then went back to sleep and got about two hours of sleep and during those two hours I think I had my first lucid dream! I'm not sure if it was a real one though and I would like your help figuring it out because i'm not a professional at lucid dreaming whatsoever. So in the dream I had a rush of clarity and I thought to myself everything seemed so real, and it was a lucid dream. I could control things and I summoned people but I coudn't remember anything that I had read in real life like changing the dreamscape and such. There are also parts of the lucid dream I couldn't remember after waking up- is that normal? It was very cool at the end though, I looked up through a skylight at the night sky and burst through the glass and flew through millions of stars.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid Dream Or Not?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Apr 2017 12:48

Hi kanasu. I would say, based on your description, that you did achieve lucidity. Being awake for a while and then going back to sleep is a great way to be more "aware" in your dreams a increased the chances of becoming lucid. That "rush of clarity" is something that happens to me only when I actually become lucid. It is also difficult to remember what you had planned to do when you do get lucid, I struggle with this all the time and typically just end up flying.

If you didn't immediately write down your dream (at least some notes) after you awoke...and if you went back to sleep, then yes it is common to forget parts of your lucid dream. I always spend a few minutes remembering the dream and then take some notes (on a note pad by my bed) which will trigger my memory in the morning.

Congrats on your first LD. I hope you have many more very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

kanasu

Re: Lucid Dream Or Not?

Postby kanasu » 14 Apr 2017 16:17

Sean Jacobs wrote:Hi kanasu. I would say, based on your description, that you did achieve lucidity. Being awake for a while and then going back to sleep is a great way to be more "aware" in your dreams a increased the chances of becoming lucid. That "rush of clarity" is something that happens to me only when I actually become lucid. It is also difficult to remember what you had planned to do when you do get lucid, I struggle with this all the time and typically just end up flying.

If you didn't immediately write down your dream (at least some notes) after you awoke...and if you went back to sleep, then yes it is common to forget parts of your lucid dream. I always spend a few minutes remembering the dream and then take some notes (on a note pad by my bed) which will trigger my memory in the morning.

Congrats on your first LD. I hope you have many more very soon.

Thank you for replying, your answer helped lots! Happy dreaming

Return to “For Beginners”