Things I do before sleeping: Lucid dream aid

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
TheBarracuda57

Things I do before sleeping: Lucid dream aid

Postby TheBarracuda57 » 27 Mar 2012 18:44

I had my first lucid dream in over a year! It wasn't for long but I still did it! The list below is exactly what I did on that night before I slept and had a lucid dream. I hope this helps anyone.

1) I ate dinner 30 minutes earlier than usual
2) I had huge amounts of protein, I had steak and chips
3) My right nostril was blocked up
4) I emptied all my thoughts whilst having a bath
5) I watched the subliminal lucid dream video on this site
6) I meditated for 15 minutes, I emptied my head
7) I focused on dream-signs and realisations, I opened my eyes
8) I planned a dream scene and character encounter in journal
9) I drew pictures of the scene and of some dream-signs
10) I slept at 10:50pm (maybe asleep at 11:15pm)
11) I didn't daydream, I only thought of the comfy bed and sank
12) Exactly at 3:30 I woke up from a lucid dream

I hope this helps anyone reading. If anybody else is willing to share a schedule in which they had a lucid dream following it, that would be much appreciated.

thestargirl

Re: Things I do before sleeping: Lucid dream aid

Postby thestargirl » 13 Apr 2012 01:57

This is kinda stupid i'm posting this, but i'll share mine when I get my first lucid dream. Also, my mum wakes me up early sometimes and i have problems going to bed at night. Any suggestions? :geek: :D
I heart Roxas

snorman

Re: Things I do before sleeping: Lucid dream aid

Postby snorman » 24 Apr 2012 19:55

I put a flat pillow under my head, and a really heavy pillow over my head. Both ears are covered and I'm in my own little word, don't hear a thing but my own breathing. I'm a musician and usually wake up with a song in my head when waking in the morning or waking from a lucid dream. The dreams are so heavy that I set my phone alarm to go off every 5 minutes in the am to be able to slowly wake up fully. Knowing when I've gotten enough sleep and ending the lucid dream usually go hand in hand, as the lucid dream somewhat drugs me. My parents used to wake me for school and I'd say to them, annoyed and half asleep, "I'm dreaming" or "hold on I'm dreaming" and always had the sensation that I needed to "finish my dream" or that I tend to hold on to it and cannot wake up. I have been lucid dreaming and day dreaming since grade school. I grew up with chronic ear infections and foggy eyesight. Without these senses strong, I was able to turn inward. My personality has always been deep in thought, looking for the bigger picture, and yearning for something more. I have been extra sleepy lately, which recently brought me to this site. Also, the following was inspiring when I was younger:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/little-nemo-adventures-in-slumberland/little-nemo-adventures-in-slumberland-unknown-587822
This movie inspired dreams in me when I was very young, born in the 80s, grew up in the 90s. It is a must see and is all on youtube in full length.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”