hello.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
alexs91

Re: hello.

Postby alexs91 » 06 Jun 2011 20:46

Seto_Blade,

I think some of the best things I've been able to do in my dreams is flying of course and jump around roof tops I've done that since i was little. Im not really an active person in real life im scared of hights and all, but in my dreams I act out what i cant do in real life like ride rollercoasters and i think to myself like wow i would never do this when im awake lol.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 07 Jun 2011 03:51

Peter wrote:Rebecca,

"People will have lots of questions for you once they know you're a natural..."

Interesting comment, can you expand a little more on this one please

Cheers
Peter

When I say natural lucid dreamer I'm talking about people like Alexsandra who appear to be lucid (control and/or self-awareness) in all of their dreams. This is quite a rare phenomenon in the general population; they tend to develop it as children and it then becomes the norm for the rest of their lives.

That's why I think people will be interested because Alexsandra and others like her -- they will be the most experienced lucid dreamers in this forum by far... and they have a lot to teach the rest of us!

Perhaps you are like this too? The tell-tale sign I've noticed is they always say that lucid dreaming is tiring, which is something the rest of us part-time lucid dreamers never find.

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jun 2011 07:16

I have been dreaming with a sense of reality for most of my life, from nightmares as a child and taking control of them when young and progress from there. All this was a long time before I even knew what lucid dreaming and associated states were. I am not always lucid but do act on the point a lot of the time. The most interesting lucid dreams are WILD and i have seen it written that they are life changing and completly agree with this statement.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

silverlining

Postby silverlining » 07 Jun 2011 21:09

hey im new to this site! :) i came on because im having trouble with nightmares and they happen to be lucid as are most of my dreams ..actually i can't remember my last dream which i wasn't aware that i was dreaming. Anyway to continue along with having lucid dreams i can also escape a dream when i wish to usually nightmares if they are scary or if a dream gets weird etc...i first discovered i could do this by jumping out of a nearest window or falling in some way i figure i never hit the ground and die but i just wake up by this method,or i can kind of close my eyes and try to fall asleep within the dream or shake myself or just concentrate this method is harder to explain but i can manipulate myself to awaken. So recently maybe due to alcohol or caffiene i have been having nightmares but i can't easily escape them and its somewhat frightening as you can probably tell my imagination is quite active and the scenerios in which i find myself are often people trying to kill me or hurt me etc im not sure whether your mind actually percieves you as being hurt when you are lucid but it's not nice at all. i was just wondering is there anyway of cutting off a dream and staying asleep or would anyone know why when my mind is telling itself to wake up because i know im dreaming i still cant awake when i previously could. wow this is long...i wouldnt read this myself so i appreciate anyone who takes the time lol x

silverlining

Postby silverlining » 07 Jun 2011 21:24

oh also my best lucid dream i had a few years ago i was in a shopping centre and thieved from the shops trying on all the clothes and shoes and walking out it was sooo cool! and its also cool when you happen to dream of a very hot person need i say more haha but i have tend to of found that the dreams like this which i really enjoy are harder to hold on to ...as in the dream kind of escapes me while im trying to hold on to it ..like i literally start to see blurry or even go blind and can only hear people .but they're fun while they last ..wish i could manipulate my surroundings

alexs91

Postby alexs91 » 08 Jun 2011 08:57

hello silverlining,

im also new to this forum and its nice to meet ppl who can do these things like me. I've gone through the same situation. My dreams become Lucid mostly during nightmares. those are the only ones in which i can make myself wake up too, like u said i always find a way to manipulate myself to wake up but latley ive found a way to change the bad dream to some sort of an adventure. Like if im being chased i fly away or jump into trees or roof tops so whoever is chasing me cant get me i find it funny.

Return to “For Beginners”