Very real lucid dream: hands appear "scanned" when moved

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Very real lucid dream: hands appear "scanned" when moved

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Apr 2012 15:33

Had a fantastic lucid dream last night. It's funny because I just posted yesterday that it was time for the next lucid dream. Telling myself I'm going to have a lucid dream really works for me.

When I first started lucid dreaming my hands were deformed and hard to recognize. Now they are difficult to tell from waking reality, but they usually have one extra finger. But something strange happened when I moved them rapidly: they appeared as if they were not there all of the time, like they were scanned. This is something that is done in certain types of displays where each indicator is on for a brief time, then it moves to the next, etc. When you move it rapidly back and forth, you can clearly tell. This happened with my hands and makes me really wonder if this doesn't also happen in the waking world, but we don't see it.

In the dream I was in a building with all these rooms inside it, like a furniture store with each room having walls that didn't go all the way to the ceiling. The rooms were filled with of shelves, bookcases and furniture and lots of small items on the shelves. I always wake up from lucid dreams thinking about how real they seem, but often start doubting it soon after. It's still hard for me to believe. This time I decided to settle this question of "realness" and test the reality of the surroundings making a specific point that to evaluate everything I could get my hands on to see how real it was and I would make it a point to remember this. With each item I held in my hands and felt, I would ask myself, "O.K. can I tell the difference between this and the same object in waking reality?" The answer was no in every case. Not sure why, but at one point just for the heck of it, I said, "more clarity, I need much more clarity." But nothing changed because everything was already completely clear. It doesn't get any more clear and real than that. 100%. I don't think I will ever get over it. I woke up just amazed at the whole thing.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Arcadian

Re: Very real lucid dream: hands appear "scanned" when moved

Postby Arcadian » 24 Apr 2012 20:16

Sounds so cool! I've only had about three lucid dreams out of about 40 that were that clear and real. Do you know which sleep cycle you were in?

Your LD gave me an idea.
The next time you have a clear LD and are examining objects, try finding a book and opening it to read. What does it say? I know the letters and words will change at second glances, but I'm interested in what your SC will project to fill up an entire book!
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Apr 2012 03:22

Lately, I'm not having lucid dreams very often, maybe once every 3 weeks on average. But they are all so incredibly real it's honestly just very difficult for me to deal with. You know how you often see little children are in a store and they want to touch everything? I think I understand that now. That's what I'm doing in every lucid dream. I actually woke myself up on purpose because I couldn't believe it and had to make sure I was actually dreaming. The whole thing left me shaking my head all day. Wow! And its also really crazy to be looking around thinking about these kinds of things and how real it is and all the while the dream is going on as if it doesn't even care that you are there. It's so bizzare.

As far as sleep cycle goes, I was pretty tired after not having enough sleep for a couple nights so I fell asleep at 9 which is really early for me. When I woke up from the LD it was 4 A.M. so that's 7 hours later.

Next dream, I'll try to find a book to read. So far the text in dreams changes as I'm reading it. The whole nature of dreams is rapid change, which makes me wonder if that's how all things really are, but we can't see it. In dreams, it seems to change mainly when you focus on something. Background things are much more stable.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Apr 2012 03:46

lucidinthe sky wrote: I was pretty tired after not having enough sleep for a couple nights so I fell asleep at 9 which is really early for me. When I woke up from the LD it was 4 A.M. so that's 7 hours later.

YUP! That's the recipe for lucid dreaming for me too. Get a little sleep deprivation and then go to bed early one night and let the dreams fly! And it happened early in the sleep cycle too, which makes them more vivid in my experience. For me, and I suppose others, it's kind of like charging a battery. I won't lucid dream all night every night, nor do I want to. With all the non-stop thinking through day and night, it would get quite tiring. (pun intended). I usually go days without lucid dreaming and then have a night of non stop lucid dreams.

I like how you study your dreams when you are there. I do the same. I wanted to study lucid dreaming and write about it, but then found out that it was already done by LaBerg and Waggoner and Rebecca and others. However, I still haven't read a single book about it and am studying it myself just through experience. But it can not be measured scientifically or duplicated in a lab. However, it can be explored like a remote island that nobody has seen before. (But most islands are the same aren't they?)

Jot down your observations and try new things. It seems that with all our unique subconsciouses our dreams are unique, but they are actually more similar than we realize. The structure is similar. But the blanks are filled in my our minds.

I remember posting my most vivid lucid dream a few months ago and I couldn't get over how real things felt. I could pick something up and it had a weight to it. I actually felt like I had a body. I don't get that often.

Just the other day I was in a dream and knew it. But I didn't want to hurt anybody because I truly felt like it was an alternate reality. I knew I would suffer no consequences after awakening, but felt like this alternate place would still go on after I woke up and suffer any event I imposed on them.

Anyway, IT MAKES YOU QUESTION REALITY DOESN'T IT?..... BUT I LOVE IT!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Apr 2012 05:04

HAGART wrote:I remember posting my most vivid lucid dream a few months ago and I couldn't get over how real things felt. I could pick something up and it had a weight to it. I actually felt like I had a body. I don't get that often.Just the other day I was in a dream and knew it. But I didn't want to hurt anybody because I truly felt like it was an alternate reality. I knew I would suffer no consequences after awakening, but felt like this alternate place would still go on after I woke up and suffer any event I imposed on them. Anyway, IT MAKES YOU QUESTION REALITY DOESN'T IT?..... BUT I LOVE IT!

I can never get over how real things feel. I end up waking up just because I can't accept that it's a dream even though I am 100% sure. The entire time I'm lucid I'm thinking "How is this possible? Wait a minute, this is a dream? WTF!!!! How can this be a dream? What the heck???? Don't tell me this a dream. This is not a dream, this is a real place, I can tell. I can touch things, I can feel their weight. It's exactly the same as any other place. Why is everything exactly the same waking life? This doesn't make sense. What the heck is real anyway? What kind of reality do I live in?" Then I wake up and think the same things for another week. Honestly, I'm still trying to make sense out of it.

HAGART wrote:Just the other day I was in a dream and knew it. But I didn't want to hurt anybody because I truly felt like it was an alternate reality.

Yes I know this too. I had lucid dream and thought I would do something "crazy" with the dream characters just for the heck of it. But they were way too real. This is kind if risky. What if I'm wrong. Are you SURE it's a dream? Yes, but maybe we should be on the safe side here. I simply didn't have the nerve.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”