Labradorite

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
natcrew

Labradorite

Postby natcrew » 22 Apr 2012 20:28

Ok, so I watched this video on remembering more detailed dreams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUa_BGtp4g) And Towards the end it said that wearing labradorite during the day or putting it under
your pillow can help you achieve this. I bought a pendant and am willing to try it out, but
Will it work?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Labradorite

Postby Rebecca » 24 Apr 2012 04:32

I highly doubt it... what makes it work?

Magic? ;)

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 24 Apr 2012 04:35

Rebecca wrote:I highly doubt it... what makes it work?

Magic? ;)

Oh it's completely scientific. It's called the placebo effect ;)
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

natcrew

Postby natcrew » 25 Apr 2012 18:28

The Placebo effect?
How does that work?

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 25 Apr 2012 19:18

natcrew wrote:The Placebo effect?
How does that work?

The placebo effect is the phenomenon of a faulty solution changing or improving a physical or psychological condition simply because you believe it will. In your case, if you believe the gem will give you LDs, then according to the placebo effect, it will, regardless if the gem has any scientific dream-altering properties. The mind can be a powerful tool.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

natcrew

Postby natcrew » 25 Apr 2012 20:56

I see.
Think it was worth the but then?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 May 2012 02:03

Do you still think it will work, deep down?

If yes, then maybe it was worth it for you. Because it may still produce lucid dreams, albeit indirectly, simply because you BELIEVE it will. The placebo effect is psychological, it's in your mind, it's your expectation that produces results, not some magic rock energy.

If no, then it was not worth it. It's just a pretty stone now. Sorry!

If I say any more I'll just invalidate your beliefs, which makes it less worth it. Do you see?

NB: The placebo effect used to interfere with many scientific studies, which is why they now have double blind studies, so neither the participants nor the experimenters can influence the results with their expectations.

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 07 May 2016 14:26

Let's have an open mind people. Quartz crystals are used in all electronics. When you scrape them together they spark, and NO ONE knows why, not einstein, not stephen hawking, no one. Dr emotto of japan has proven that water is effected by non-physical events such as thoughts and emotions. and a CD holds data that's written on it using a lazer. I don't see how it's implausible for a stone to do something like this. not to mention the fact that just the color of the stone itself can defiantly effect us because there is such a thing as color psychology.
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 07 May 2016 18:30

It's all psychology.
What I struggle to understand is why this is such an upsetting thought for some people.

We know that people are able to train themselves to have lucid dreams. If one does nothing but change a few behaviours, both their dream and waking life benefit from enhanced critical thinking, memory, and awareness. When lucidity can be achieved by absolutely autonomous means, why would you want to rely on something outside yourself?

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 09 May 2016 00:43

it's not necessarily relying on it it's utilizing it to your advantage. another way stones can work is by assiginging them a task, you can turn them into a neuropathway builder. everytime you see the lucid dream stone, it activates those memories (neuropathways) thus helping you on your quest. see?
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”