Dream within a dream...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MixAndMatch

Dream within a dream...

Postby MixAndMatch » 24 Apr 2012 22:43

I've had a few lucid dreams in my time, but as far as a dream I will never forget, this is surely the one...

It happened to me about 3 years ago. It happened out of nowhere, and at the time did not even know what lucid dreaming was. I had been having trouble sleeping and decided to buy melatonin in an attempt to help my sleeping troubles. Within a few days I had been sleeping fairly well, but when the weekend came I just wanted to sleep. I researched how many melatonin I could take without any harm to myself and found that melatonin can not harm you in the slightest. That night I decided to take about 6-8 melatonin. I'm not exactly sure how many I took, it could have been more.

Anyway, after taking the melatonin I settled down into my bed and fell asleep fast. Suddenly I found myself at an old friends house that I used to hang out with, drink beers with and have summer parties. It was almost the exact same house with a few different details which I will get to in a bit. I was aware that a party would soon ensue, yet not many people were there yet, so I begin to drink and pregame for the party. Within a few minutes of having 2 beers, the party was packed and I was extremely intoxicated. I remember one of my best friends sitting in the living room watching TV, and decided to go over to him, stumbling in the darkness. I had never been so drunk in my life. I could not see where I was going, nor help the direction I was going in due to my intoxication. I fell into him... "What the F*** man! If you fall into me again I'm gonna kick your a**!" I said sorry and continued to find a light switch, but accidentally fell into him again. He socked me right in the face and walked away. I then proceeded to the door going into the garage where everyone from the party was at drinking shots. The funny thing is that in my friends real house, he never had a door to go into his garage, and didn't even have a garage. I remember opening the door and holding back my dog, 'Buddy' with my foot so he couldn't get out. (Why he was at my friends house I have no idea.) Upon entering the garage I fall into a tray a person was carrying with shots on it, and knocked them over. Everyone began arguing with me saying "get out of here, you're too drunk." So I made my way out of the garage and found myself falling down the steepest hill ever (Which also was not near realistic to my friends actual house). While falling I remember my friends and people laughing at me while rolling and rolling.....then I woke up....

But I was still completely hammered! I found myself in my house, in my room and stumbling all over the place. I had decided to sit down at my computer desk and tried to remain silent while the whole time I kept knocking everything over. I didn't want to wake my parents for fear they would question why I am home and completely intoxicated.

Then I woke up again... Sweating. Dripping sweat from head to toe. I got out of my bed and stood up. I walked around for a few minutes to make sure I was actually awake this time. I was.

So thats my lucid dream. The only one I remember. I know I had one before that was just as clear, but I can't for the life of me remember any detail to it. This was one of the best experiences sleeping I have ever had. I want to have this type of dream every night.

HAGART

Re: Dream within a dream...

Postby HAGART » 27 Apr 2012 03:15

The "dream within a dream" is also known as a False Awakening. I get those all the time.

However, I don't think you were aware that you were dreaming until after you woke up, so technically it wasn't lucid. It was vivid! I'm sure it was awesome and memorable, but were you aware that you were dreaming when it was happening?

And as for the house being mostly the same with a few exceptions and your dog showing up.... happens to me too. Our subconscious likes to throw things in there doesn't it?

But the dream sounds like it was induced by the drug, and which is why you probably felt intoxicated in your dream. As you were passing out, you were probably thinking about whether you took too much melatonin or not and it may have inspired the intoxication dream that you had.

We all have a dream that stands out to us and never has to be written down. Thanks for sharing!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

MixAndMatch

Postby MixAndMatch » 27 Apr 2012 04:30

Yeah, I was aware it was vivid, technically not lucid since I had no idea I was dreaming until I actually woke up. I thought it was an interesting dream to share nonetheless. I've been at it for about 4 days straight now trying to have an actual lucid dream, and plan to in the near future. I'll definitely post it when it happens. Thanks for the insight btw, hagart.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Apr 2012 04:49

Some of my best dreams are non-lucid!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”