Keep waking up...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MixAndMatch

Keep waking up...

Postby MixAndMatch » 26 Apr 2012 01:12

I've been very interested lately in trying to lucid dream. I've been practicing every night to try and have one. I ever listen to binaural beats while I am sleeping, but for some reason I keep waking up almost every other hour when I'm sleeping. Any reasons as to why, or for what reason I keep constantly waking up? I've been sleeping fine until I tried to have a lucid dream.

MixAndMatch

Re: Keep waking up...

Postby MixAndMatch » 26 Apr 2012 17:59

It happened to me again last night..except this time I remember my dreams, vaguely, but I remember them. I was sitting in class and suddenly got to thinking about random things when I remembered I had two different dreams last night. Guess that's a good start right?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Apr 2012 21:56

This happens to me often when I'm trying really hard to WILD. You just need to relax more and try to really believe that it will happen for you. I posted the other night that I was ready to have a lucid dream and that it was time. That night I had a great one. A lot of times I just tell myself before bed that I'm going to have one. It doesn't work every time, but has worked several times. One good thing about this though is often after several nights of doing what you are describing my resistance gets low and I just give up and let go because I'm so tired and then have a lucid dream. Keep at it and don't give up, it's worth so much effort to have one. It's so much better than I even imagined. I can't even tell you how incredible it is because it's a really not like a dream at all, more like a real physical place you go to. Every time I have one, the whole time I'm there, I'm thinking "How can this even be possible?"
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidDreamNews

Postby LucidDreamNews » 27 Apr 2012 05:47

I wake up all the time. I welcome it. Every time it happens I look at it as another opportunity for a WILD.
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com

LucidDreamNews

Postby LucidDreamNews » 27 Apr 2012 15:38

Waking up also gives us opportunity to write in our dream journal. If you want an idea how often we wake up at night take a look at this guys sleep experiments using a Zeo: http://www.gwern.net/Zeo#vitamin-d
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com

MixAndMatch

Postby MixAndMatch » 30 Apr 2012 23:36

What usually happens to me, which is hard to keep a sleep journal is that when i wake up i never remember my dreams. i usually remember mine about halfway through the day at random times for some strange reason.

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 01 May 2012 05:21

Since i have been trying to lucid dream, this has happened to me too. I used to always sleep through the night now i wake up twice each night. Personally, i would rather ust sleep through the night.
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

MixAndMatch

Postby MixAndMatch » 01 May 2012 15:27

Now after being able to sleep well, I only woke up a few times last night and quickly went back to sleep...hardly seemed like I woke up at all. I had four different dreams, all of which I remembered very clearly after awakening. Still nothing lucid, but I feel like I am well on my way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”