WILD, what a drag!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

WILD, what a drag!

Postby KylePK » 29 Apr 2012 06:40

WILD's are so freakin hard for me xD I try them every few days, around 1 o'clock while napping in a chair. I usually end up just falling asleep! I'll listen to some binaural beats because there is too much other noise to be able to get into any sort of relaxed state of clarity without the binaural beats guiding my focus. (I'm around other people this time of day). The most recent time I tried, I had a lot of visions and weird dreamlets come into play, and I tried not to interfere, but just observe them and keep focusing on my goal: becoming lucid. I'd keep telling myself I wanted to become lucid, in my mind. But after a while I fell asleep. I kind of knew that I was asleep but then when I woke up I got really confused and frustrated at how I managed to fall asleep for 25 minutes. WILD escapes me. Any advice?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Ebony Wolf

Re: WILD, what a drag!

Postby Ebony Wolf » 29 Apr 2012 06:51

I actually never had this problem. I mean, Ive never fallen asleep during WILD, I just give up because I stay in that HI fade for like 30 minutes, I can never enter lucidity. But I always practice staying awake by meditating during the day. Of course, you can always turn to things like caffeine if you want a quick way through, but I dont like the fact of relying on medicinal drugs. Of course, I'm trying B12 tonight a a little experiment.
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

I LOVE YOU. Unless I don't. In which case I do? ..Was that confusing enough?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Apr 2012 16:01

I've gotten results with WILD, but as you say it's hard work. Most of time I either just fall asleep or even worse stay in a state of light sleep all night. When you wake up from that you feel like you haven't slept at all.

Lately, all my LDs have been DILDs. The thing I like about them is thay are more relaxed, easy for me to enter and happen when I'm ready for them. Maybe you should try that method.

You can definitely have more lucid dreams with WILD, but it's a lot of work.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 30 Apr 2012 02:56

Ebony Wolf wrote:I actually never had this problem. I mean, Ive never fallen asleep during WILD, I just give up because I stay in that HI fade for like 30 minutes, I can never enter lucidity. But I always practice staying awake by meditating during the day. Of course, you can always turn to things like caffeine if you want a quick way through, but I dont like the fact of relying on medicinal drugs. Of course, I'm trying B12 tonight a a little experiment.

Really? Hmm, strange how people differ in this area. Hey, will you let me know how the B12 goes??

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 30 Apr 2012 02:58

lucidinthe sky wrote: Lately, all my LDs have been DILDs. The thing I like about them is thay are more relaxed, easy for me to enter and happen when I'm ready for them. Maybe you should try that method.

You can definitely have more lucid dreams with WILD, but it's a lot of work.

DILD are practically impossible for me, simply because I just can't get good dream recall. If I had nothing to do, no work and no school, then I could do it. But right now I am actually buying an upcoming product called Remee which helps initiate DILDS. I want to achieve frequent WILD status at some point though, just because that amount of precise control and self awareness is something I desire.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”