Waking up when beacoming lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jovan

Waking up when beacoming lucid

Postby Jovan » 29 Apr 2012 17:15

Hello, I'm Jovan and I'm new on this forum as well as in the world of lucid dreaming :)

First of all, I would like to say that I'm sorry for my poor English. :( I'm from Serbia, so English isn't my native language.

I have been reading Rebecca's site for a longer period of time now, and have expirienced 2 LDs by doing RCs in my dreams (so I haven't been doing neather WILD, Back-to-bed tehnique nor real MILD - since I haven't been repeting to myself that I'll have a LD that night). I just thought "Wait, is this a dream", and for my great suprise - it was! But the problem is, I have wake up instantly both times. I've read on this site that newbies usualy have their LDs for 30 sec. maximum, but mine were not even close to 30 sec. They were about 1 or 2 sec!

So, is this a solvable problem? I'd tryed to find the answer myself by searching the forum and the site, but I haven't sucseed. :( If it is solvable, can someone please give me a tip or two? I wake up so quickly I don't have time to rub my hands or to look at the ground. :(

PS Both times, after waking up, I was in SP, but got out of it in just few secounds by moving my toes.
Last edited by Jovan on 30 Apr 2012 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad English. Not a native speaker. :(

Snaggle

Re: Waking up when beacoming lucid

Postby Snaggle » 29 Apr 2012 23:54

Welcome

I think, Jovan, that this happens to everyone doing DILDs. You should be having longer ones without doing anything but getting more experience of them. With DILDs and even with experience you'll still have sudden awakenings.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 30 Apr 2012 05:21

Don't worry! My first 4 were like that - a few few seconds max but then they slowly start to get longer..even if you have longer lucid dreams for a while you still may have a short one in between! : )
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Jovan

Postby Jovan » 30 Apr 2012 15:28

Oh, well, in that case I'll just keep with my dream journal and RCs than. It sucked to wake up instantly when I had finnaly managed to be lucid, but what can you do...

Thank you for your answers.
Sorry for my bad English. Not a native speaker. :(

Return to “For Beginners”