Should Donald Trump be impeached?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Impeach Trump?

Yes
64%
No
36%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 11

Summerlander

Should Donald Trump be impeached?

Postby Summerlander » 20 May 2017 23:06

How many of us are hoping to see the impeachment of President Donald Trump apart from his political opponents? My observations of Donald Trump are completely nonpartisan. For starters, I'm a European citizen living in the UK, and I would say that Mike Pence---former governor of the homophobic state of Indiana but nevertheless a wiser Christian demagogue---would be a breath of fresh air if he were to take over from Trump.

Trump's defenders seem to turn a blind eye to the errors and political infractions of their presidential poster boy. In the White House, his associates could have a number of reasons for persisting in the upkeep of a misplaced allegiance. But I can't help but wonder: Where are the honourable people resigning from their gubernatorial berths?

The reason for staying put could be that they enjoy being part of a powerful gang that follows an irrational leader, OR, they just fear losing their jobs. Their jobs become a scenario where they start serving an asinine dictator rather than protecting a country with arguably the best constitutional values in the world. America stopped being great the moment The Apprentice host set foot in the Oval Office.

Despite the homicidal ways of Vladimir Putin and his despicable autocracy, Trump only has good things to say about them. Like Putin, Trump does not value factual information. Like the Russian leader and his oligarchy, the Trump administration seeks to control the media.

Unlike Putin, the American president has not murdered any journalists but he has recently fired FBI Director James Comey for getting too close for comfort and threatening to expose a possible Trump-Kremlin collusion. It appears that the Trumps may have taken money from the Russians in the past---when the family was financially in a lurch and paying their debt might involve playing a political puppet for the former KGB agent from Saint Petersburg.

But that's not all. Ask yourself how much an American president can be trusted with classified information. Right after pink-slipping Comey, Donald Trump bragged to his Russian 'pals' about the kind of intel he's privvy to as president of the United States; he did this in the Oval Office, which prompted alarmed staffers to alert the CIA and NSA.

Trump had inadvertently compromised agents on secret missions abroad---one of them an Israeli asset who had infiltrated ISIS and learned about their technological progress as well as plans to attack. If foreign powers know about secret missions, they could easily blackmail the American government by threatening to expose their agents. As president, Trump should know this. And if his incompetence is not enough to impeach him, evidence that proves he's beholden to Russia will. Many people are 100% sure that tapes incriminating or disgracing the president exist.

Allies can't depend on Americans if an erratic and dangerous buffoon is in charge. A manchild who can recklessly start unnecessary wars at any moment. A snot-nosed tycoon wannabe who tells his staff to slow down and requests visual aids to help him understand his briefing. A pretentious and condescending POTUS who demands to see his name on every important clause so as to find them whilst raking documents and reports. This is the kind of guy they have in charge!

We don't need someone who denies climate change and global warming against scientific consensus. We don't need a hypocrite who accuses his opponents of the same 'crimes' he's guilty of. (Remember Clinton and her emails?) We don't need a delusional narcissist with unrealistic plans of building international walls and ineffective Muslim bans that mention nothing about religious reform and never include the main exporters of Islamic terrorism such as Saudi Arabia. Thanks to Donald Trump, George W. Bush will not be remembered as the dumbest American president.

Should Trump be impeached? Fuck yeah! I hope so for all our sakes ...
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Re: Should Donald Trump be impeached?

Postby lucidé » 29 May 2017 22:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mI43Zj_28A
Hurry watch the funny video before it gets taken down.

There's a reason why I don't want him impeached, and that is because if he gets impeached, then Orrin Hatch will take his place. Orrin Hatch is Mt. Romney's religion. While I do support him and personally I believe he'd do a much better job than Trump, I also know that there will probably be a lot more backlash from the US if he becomes president than if Trump just stayed president because of his religion.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 29 May 2017 23:14

He and his entire cabinet is a national fucking embarrassment.
However, he hasn't done anything (yet) to be impeached. That is ultimately for the courts to decide.

In my opinion, we had our chance. If this is what America wants, this is what America deserves. The nice thing about the democratic system is that if he is a real piece of work he'll be gone soon.

I'll tell you what though, I thought Bush was a moron. Jeez, what I wouldn't do to take back all those words and have him instead.

edit;
I find it funny that the only people who will reply to this will be Lucide and I. We're the final garrison, the last battalion. Oh time, how you've treated world of lucid dreaming forum.
Good luck,
Dream on.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 May 2017 00:59

The crime of irresponsibility and affiliations with a terrorist state to boost his daughter's account should be enough to get rid of him. :|
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 31 May 2017 03:08

Summerlander wrote:The crime of irresponsibility and affiliations with a terrorist state to boost his daughter's account should be enough to get rid of him. :|

Oh, don't get me wrong, he's responsible for horrible things and decisions, however I was talking from an American perspective. In a perfect world, impeachment proceedings should have started when his daughter used her political position to profit.
It doesn't matter what the people think. At this point, impeachment is the decision of congress, which at the moment holds a republican majority, which means he'll have to really do something screwy for proceedings to happen. Yay, power of the people.
Good luck,
Dream on.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 May 2017 20:33

That's true. He won't serve another term if he's not impeached. (Unless we live in a universe where strange political events will continue to happen indefinitely.) :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 01 Jun 2017 01:45

Unless his opponent on the polls in 2020 is Orrin Hatch or Mt Romney. Then he'd win by a landslide. People in the US really didn't want Obama for a second term either, but then when they saw Mt. Romney on the polls, Obama won pretty easily. So it depends on what kind of opponent Trump is up against. What if his opponent was Muslim? The US doesn't seem to discriminate against religion when they go to picking their candidates for president.

http://time.com/4788759/trump-budget-disability/

If Donald Trump ends up passing a bill that gets rid of social security, so the disabled and elderly can no longer get financial help, he WILL get impeached. America with Disabilities and many people who have grandmas and grandpas who rely on government funding won't tolerate him taking that government help away from them.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 01 Jun 2017 04:16

lucidé wrote: What if his opponent was Muslim? The US doesn't seem to discriminate against religion when they go to picking their candidates for president.

Totally false. In the US, we've still not had an atheist or non-christian president.
Here's a nice little chart of religious affiliation of our current congress.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/3/religious-makeup-of-115th-congress/
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 01 Jun 2017 18:15

Contrary to popular belief, there was a president that truly was a deist AKA an agnostic, but he did have to practice religion a few times due to the culture back then (many mistake him as religious due to that, but in reality due to his quotes, he was agnostic). Andrew Jackson. I had to do some research while making a history report in a college class on him over a year ago to find out if this was true or not, but while I was researching this man. I did find some non-religious quotes from him many people didn't bother to research on (he didn't believe anything that was read in the bible, and he didn't believe in a higher being). I also found this was the only president of the US who had clear signs he also suffered from "mood swings". He really did develop a mental disability as a teenager. He entered a duel with his friend, and he got shot in the chest, and shot his friend. He survived but his friend died. He ended up suffering from very violent mood swings shortly after that. While it took a while for him to become a decent president, he did become a fairly good one. The only problem he suffered from was when his mood swings got too extreme, he would get extremely mean, violent, and/or extreme with others. At least he was a very good war commander and had enough intelligence to figure out when someone was trying to kill him. I do feel kind of bad for the Native Americans that had to go through his rage.
I really hope Jackson's non-religion and disability don't hurt the chances of people who have these characteristics in the future. I would really like to see a president with a mental disability get back in the limelight. Prove not all presidents with mental disabilities are evil or sick. This means more to me than just a president without a religion. This country needs to stop discriminating against that.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jun 2017 02:01

lucidé wrote:Contrary to popular belief, there was a president that truly was a deist AKA an agnostic, but he did have to practice religion a few times due to the culture back then (many mistake him as religious due to that, but in reality due to his quotes, he was agnostic).

Deist aka agnostic? You do know that deists are not agnostics, right? Thomas Jefferson was a deist---someone who believes in a non-interfering Creator.

I've been reading Voltaire's literature. The man lived in the 18th century and, despite admirably criticising religion (big time), he was a deist (like Thomas Jefferson). He believed that Newton's physics would eventually prove the existence of an Intelligent Designer. Of course, that hasn't happened and he would probably be an atheist if he was around today. His deism was venial at the time.

I do believe that America has had a fair share of atheists running the country, but all of them pretended to be religious. America has not had a president who openly admits he's an atheist. Oh ... by the way ... Ronald Reagan was definitely not an atheist. :D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”