I'm back... I hope

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
James

I'm back... I hope

Postby James » 30 Apr 2012 23:16

I don't know if anybody still remembers me but I found this place in January and continued to have 1 lucid dream, or so I thought, about a month later.
By that I mean that in this "lucid dream" I think I dreamt me having a lucid dream, so I woke up thinking "Is that it?" (Please reasure me that it is much better than I had experienced...)
Anyway I attempted a few WILDs but they made me uncomfortable and even stopped me falling back asleep. Once I was so tired that it caused me to fail a test, so I'm staying away from that during school.

But strangly while attempting these WILDs my dream recall degraded, and since that first fake LD I've never had anymore.

The other day on my iPod, I was clearing out my history when I noticed and remembered this site, but I decided not to attempt when I wasn't hyped for it as that would make me quit for real.

I'm kinda hyped now but I wan't to know what I did wrong. Tomorrow I will finish this post explaining in deatail what I did.

(Sorry if this is a bit scrappy, again, I'm on my iPod ;P)

P.S. How is everybody?
Last edited by James on 30 Apr 2012 23:22, edited 2 times in total.
Was it worth it?

James

Re: I'm back... I hope

Postby James » 30 Apr 2012 23:17

So first off, I tried WBTB as that seemed easy enough for a begginer but had no sucess, although while doing this I kept a dream jounal so I guess I did get something from it (dream recall & signs).

I did this every night from about the 18th dec to the 29th or so but took a break for new years. It took me a while to come back but when I did, 16th jan, I jad that 'fake' Lucid Dream (WBTB).

About a week after I tried a few WILDs but they felt torturous.

When I came back to WBTB my dream recall had severly declined also. (Why?!)

Soon the jounal felt like too much of a chore so I scrapped it, and ironicly, could recall dreams. (Maybe it was the stress of "I MUST remember a dream! >:{ )

After that I just decided that I wasn't hyped enough, but continued to remember dreams as they were amusing or gave me alot to think about ect.

What should I do differently this time?!?!?
Last edited by James on 01 May 2012 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Was it worth it?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 May 2012 22:09

James wrote:I don't know if anybody still remembers me but I found this place in January and continued to have 1 lucid dream, or so I thought, about a month later.By that I mean that in this "lucid dream" I think I dreamt me having a lucid dream, so I woke up thinking "Is that it?" (Please reasure me that it is much better than I had experienced...)

I've posted at least 2 times about these dreams of being lucid and in one post recently, I described the differences between a dream about being lucid and actually being lucid. If you woke up with any kind of thought like "was that it." you didn't have a lucid dream. If my mind isn't completely blown when I wake up, I know I didn't get there. The kind of thoughts you have when you wake up from a lucid dream are more like "Oh my GOD!" (repeated 50 times), "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!" "Dream? No way was that a dream." "How can this be possible!" "That was crazy! It was way too real for a dream". Some of these thoughts you would probably be having during the dream to. In my last LD, I kept thinking about the how the world I was in was so real, just like waking life. I'm always touching everything. You are completely awake, but inside the dream world which is a real world. There's no experience like it. Keep trying, it's worth the effort.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 02 May 2012 06:56

As long as you know that you are dreaming then you are having a lucid dream. Some lucid dreams might be fuzzy or you might not be able to control many things or you might slip i and out of lucidity but they are still lucid dreams.
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Return to “For Beginners”