One Of the Biggest Reason Newbies Fail to Lucid Dream !!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidinthe sky

Re: One Of the Biggest Reason Newbies Fail to Lucid Dream !!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 May 2012 01:22

apps wrote:I guess what I'm saying is that, as awesome as lucid dreaming sounds, if everyone could 'feel' what its like to lucid dream, or just experience one, it would be far more motivating to become good at it and achieve more

I agree, I was motivated on and off for 2 years until I had one, then there was no off any more, just on. I wish I could take people with me to experience it because it's really a physical virtual reality, very very real. It's actually kind of easy to imagine what a lucid dream is really like. Just forget about what you think a dream is, then sometime when you are just sitting quietly with no distractions say to yourself: "O.K. I'm dreaming right now and this is a lucid dream. This is exactly what its like. O.K., how would I tell it wasn't?" Then look at things, examine them, pick them up, touch them etc. the whole time telling yourself that this is actually a dream. O.K. everything feels and looks normal. Ask again "Am I sure this is a dream? Then tell yourself YES! That's exactly what it's like so you should practice this so you don't complete freak out when it happens." I still remember walking down the street complaining to myself how tired I was doing reality checks, but O.K. I'll do it anyway. I look down at my hands and there's a finger missing! What the heck! I just gasped for air and woke up. So completely sure I wasn't dreaming.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”