Dream Journal Discipline

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Seto_Blade

Dream Journal Discipline

Postby Seto_Blade » 06 Jun 2011 18:21

Does anyone here actually write a dream (or several) in their DJ every day? I've had periods where I would for like a month straight, but i've never been able to stay on track. I'm a lazy bastard sometimes >.<

I need to start up my DJ again... although, partly why I stopped was to see if I could remember more and more without the need of a DJ, and it actually has worked a thorough bit. I definitely don't remember every detail of my dream, and my LD's are few and far between nowadays, but compared to when I began dream recall without a DJ, i've seen a substantial increase in my recall.

I think today's the day to start up a new DJ, who's with me!?

*crickets*
Last edited by Seto_Blade on 10 Jun 2011 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

Re: Dream Journal Discipline

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2011 20:55

yip if I am at home nearly all dreams get written down unless there are just to many (5+) I sometimes make scetches instead of writing the dream and this makes for an interesting dj

Also capture just one point in detail. "flew into the rock and looked around. So much room inside and watched little crystals forming inside. Like watching gold and jewels growing"

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Liliana Tegzes

Postby Liliana Tegzes » 10 Jun 2011 09:21

Seto_Blade wrote:Does anyone here actually write a dream (or several) in their DJ every day? I've had periods where I would for like a month straight, but i've never been able to stay on track. I'm a lazy bastard sometimes >.<

I need to start up my DJ again... although, partly why I stopped was to see if I could remember more and more with the need of a DJ, and it actually has worked a thorough bit. I definitely don't remember every detail of my dream, and my LD's are few and far between nowadays, but compared to when I began dream recall without a DJ, i've seen a substantial increase in my recall.

I think today's the day to start up a new DJ, who's with me!?

*crickets*

I am with you! Starting tomorrow I will start (re-start) keeping my dreams journal.
I know dreaming is much better when do that but I am lazy too sometimes.
Liliana

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 10 Jun 2011 18:29

Woot! I wrote down a dream today. Took every effort and fabric of my being (especially considering I had to get out of my bed and walk downstairs into my living room, which is where my dream journal was), but I did it! :lol:

I'm glad you're open to the challenge, Liliana, we can do this!

Ancient

Postby Ancient » 11 Jun 2011 00:40

I tend to slip into that too, especially when there is a day or two where I don't remember any dreams. I just bought a new leather-bound parchment journal, and its sole purpose is to be a DJ, so I'm finding myself more motivated to do it now.
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

SamSamSam

Postby SamSamSam » 14 Jun 2011 14:00

I keep a journal every day/night. Usually scribble a few notes if I wake up in the middle of the night, which helps me recall in greater detail in the morning. I would encourage you to record the seemingly banal dreams that you have, as well as, of course, the more interesting ones. Once I started doing this, I was pleasantly surprised to find that dream content, however mundane seeming, would sometimes occur in the days following my dream, in my my everyday waking life.
Also, the act of recording your dreams seems to result in an increased ability to remember dreams, in my case at least.
Best of luck!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 15 Jun 2011 06:30

Guilty! :oops:

I have phases too - sometimes I can journal every morning for a month, then I'll let it slip for a month. A lot of lucid dreamers seem to have this on/off relationship with lucid dreaming. ;)

Of course I still have lucid dreams when I don't journal. But they are less frequent. And if you don't write down your lucid dreams during a non-journaling phase, you risk forgetting the tiny details which make them so wonderful. So at least journal your lucid dreams 100% of the time, if nothing else. It is worth it!

Liliana Tegzes

Postby Liliana Tegzes » 15 Jun 2011 07:42

Seto_Blade wrote:Woot! I wrote down a dream today. Took every effort and fabric of my being (especially considering I had to get out of my bed and walk downstairs into my living room, which is where my dream journal was), but I did it! :lol:

I'm glad you're open to the challenge, Liliana, we can do this!

I keep the dream journal next to my bed, so it's more easy for me to not pass the writing again :). I open my eyes and first thing I grab the notebook and write at least few sentences about the dream. Later, over the next hour, I write more if I still remember the dream. I already started to recall my dreams better and better, after only 5 days of writing them down... :D :D :D

We can do this Seto_Blade! don't give up! I need you! :)
Liliana

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 17 Jun 2011 02:38

Alright, Liliana, we're on a roll! Well... not entirely on my behalf, I missed today because I was a little preoccupied with worry. I've got an essay that was supposed to take me a month due tomorrow. And I just started this morning. >.< I suppose I could still write down a bit on my dream from today, though, considering it stayed with me (It was a rather peculiar dream :) ), but I'll make sure to get my next dream down for sure!

I keep a journal every day/night. Usually scribble a few notes if I wake up in the middle of the night, which helps me recall in greater detail in the morning. I would encourage you to record the seemingly banal dreams that you have, as well as, of course, the more interesting ones. Once I started doing this, I was pleasantly surprised to find that dream content, however mundane seeming, would sometimes occur in the days following my dream, in my my everyday waking life.
Also, the act of recording your dreams seems to result in an increased ability to remember dreams, in my case at least.
Best of luck!

Actually I think I might take up your method, just write down some notes. Atleast for the rather generic and boring ones.

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jun 2011 02:47

all I wrote today was the following, dream 1 - fish and chips, change, coins, man talking, tall lady, face changing. Dream 2 - running, cheats, rocks, slipping, cardboard box, gumboots. dream 3 - tunnel, cave, scared people, lots talking.

All written in reverse from last dream to first dream. Takes about as much time as it did to read this and full recall and detail from these few words.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”