Getting To Sleep Paralysis

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Freedom_Awaits

Getting To Sleep Paralysis

Postby Freedom_Awaits » 05 May 2012 19:49

Hello people. So i'm new to this lucid dreaming, and the MILD technique doesn't work for me. I just have a ''normal'' dream with no self awareness. So i wanted to try the WILD technique, but in order to do that i have to get sleep paralysis, now there is a problem. I can't get to it... When i wake up at night, i'm always in control of my body, when i lie still for 30 minutes after i can still move or i just fall asleep. And i have been trying for 2 months now... Still no lucid dreams nor sleep paralysis, it kinda pisses me off :x Does someone know any ''shortcuts'' to getting sleep paralysis?

P.S I have no problem recalling my dreams and i have a dream journal.

LucidKey13

Re: Getting To Sleep Paralysis

Postby LucidKey13 » 05 May 2012 20:44

WILD is the hardest technique so I wouldn't recommend it for beginners but have you tried the wake back to bed (WBTB) technique? And how long did you try the MILD technique for? I don't even do the reality checks anymore but still say "I will have a lucid dream" before I go to sleep and I also think about dreams through out the day and just by doing this I have had 4 lucid dreams this week. But when it comes to techniques everyone's different and this article by Rebbeca is extremely helpful when trying to get to sleep paralysis -
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dream-tricks.html
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 05 May 2012 23:11

There's an element of luck to all of this too. But you should try WBTB method, it's probably got the 2nd-highest success rate after WILD
Dreaming is my drug

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 06 May 2012 22:02

Bringing on sleep paralysis isn't just a case of lying still and waiting. It's an active process of sending your body to sleep, while maintaining a thread of consciousness. There's technique to it.

What exactly are you doing when you try to induce paralysis?

In my experience, meditation helps a lot. You'll start drifting... finding it easier to let go of bodily awareness, and exploring your thoughts, hypnagogia and emerging dreams without attachment to the "real world".

If you're no good at meditating yet, brainwave entrainment urges things along by tuning you into a meditative state through sound. It can be very powerful:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-mp3.html

I started out using an Astral Projection MP3 (old school binaural beats; isochronic tones are more popular now) to induce sensations of floating, disassociation and sleep paralysis in 15-20 minutes.

A lot of people complain of your problem, which I think is caused by a misunderstanding of the process. If I were laying bored in bed for 30 minutes every night I'd be very frustrated too. The process of relaxing into SP should actually be quite enjoyable, since your mind is stepping down into meditation mode. Find a way to enjoy it - or move on to the spontaneous DILD techniques which are easier to perform.

(MILD is very effective when you get going, so don't give up on it yet.)

Freedom_Awaits

Postby Freedom_Awaits » 08 May 2012 07:11

Thank you all for the replies, and yeah, i guess i wasn't relaxing but when i am i fall asleep, i guess i have to practice the meditation thing.

Return to “For Beginners”