Caffeine

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
monimala
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 May 2012 07:44

Caffeine

Postby monimala » 03 May 2012 07:29

What caffeine free diet drinks taste close to the original? I have to cute cute my caffeine and can't drink the diet Dr Pepper. What are some other caffeines free drinks that taste good. I just tried A&W diet root beer. Its not bad, but I can't do that this whole pregnancy.
_____________________________
affiliateelite ~ affiliateelite.com ~ adgooroo ~ adgooroo.com
Last edited by monimala on 08 May 2012 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

Snaggle
Posts: 590
Joined: 02 Oct 2011 13:08

Re: Caffeine

Postby Snaggle » 06 May 2012 17:32

This does not belong in this sub-forum. Canada dry diet ginger ale, Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda or the other Canfield favors.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

User avatar
Rebecca
Site Admin
Posts: 456
Joined: 24 Apr 2011 06:21
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Caffeine

Postby Rebecca » 08 May 2012 02:08

During pregnancy you're supposed to drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Once you get going with just pure water (and maybe 1 orange juice per day for nutrients) you will lose a taste for artificial drinks. And you will feel so much better for it. It just gets easier once you start trying (first week is hardest).

Snaggle
Posts: 590
Joined: 02 Oct 2011 13:08

Re: Caffeine

Postby Snaggle » 10 May 2012 09:19

If you're an American or Canadian make sure you don't drink the water. It's both polluted with fluoride and mind altering drugs. Fluoride is especially bad for young children http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Caffeine

Postby Ryan » 19 May 2012 21:20

You should use this as a good time to cut soda out entirely.
The added sugar and salt in soda's is the killer.

If you knew how your body processed the sugar we eat... you'd want to cut out as much of it as you could. Simply put, humanity are sugar addicts. Yes, it's a drug... and it's not a nice one. More to the point is the high fructose corn syrup. That's pure poison. LITERALLY! I wish I was kidding even slightly when I say that.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z5X0i92OZQ

Then tell me you still want to drink soda.
Oh and sweetener (sugar replacement) is no better for you either.

I've cut out a lot of sugar out of my diet... drank just water, prepared my meals myself (no packaged crap)... and I immediately (over a two month period) lost 25lbs. And I didn't exercise one bit over that time.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Ty8200
Posts: 105
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 08:26

Re: Caffeine

Postby Ty8200 » 01 Jul 2012 01:07

Ryan wrote:You should use this as a good time to cut soda out entirely.
The added sugar and salt in soda's is the killer.

If you knew how your body processed the sugar we eat... you'd want to cut out as much of it as you could. Simply put, humanity are sugar addicts. Yes, it's a drug... and it's not a nice one. More to the point is the high fructose corn syrup. That's pure poison. LITERALLY! I wish I was kidding even slightly when I say that.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z5X0i92OZQ

Then tell me you still want to drink soda.
Oh and sweetener (sugar replacement) is no better for you either.

I've cut out a lot of sugar out of my diet... drank just water, prepared my meals myself (no packaged crap)... and I immediately (over a two month period) lost 25lbs. And I didn't exercise one bit over that time.


Well, truth be told, sugar is in healthy foods, like fruits, too. If you're not super frail, the sophistication of a human body will tolerate moderate amounts of anything edible. I lost 18lbs in one week without exercise, i just didn't eat ;) And guess what, not only did I feel better than before, but I felt better while during the week. Most of us have unnecessary "reservoirs" that we don't need, in case of a food shortage. People are a little too cautious when it comes to the limit of the body. In fact, constantly obsessing over it will probably cause what you don't want. Soda is OK in moderation. The myth about HFCS is just that, a myth. Saying it's poison is ludicrous. The only way to get hurt from it, is if you go way overboard. Anything is bad for you in high quantities. If you did a little research apart from the melting pot of stupidity that is Youtube, you'll learn a little, no offense intended. This is the new fad. Being overly conscious about one's health, which will eventually, and is, contributing to the growing number of overweight people.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

SGraham
Posts: 119
Joined: 13 Jun 2012 00:59
Location: California

Re: Caffeine

Postby SGraham » 01 Jul 2012 07:11

Ty8200 wrote:Well, truth be told, sugar is in healthy foods, like fruits, too
yeah if you think about it pretty much all artificial sugars ever created have been proven bad for our health. so i think people make to big a deal out of making sure they dont consume sugar. i meen sugars a natural thing our bodies are designed to take it in. fake sugars however are not.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Ty8200
Posts: 105
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 08:26

Re: Caffeine

Postby Ty8200 » 01 Jul 2012 23:38

SGraham wrote:
Ty8200 wrote:Well, truth be told, sugar is in healthy foods, like fruits, too
yeah if you think about it pretty much all artificial sugars ever created have been proven bad for our health. so i think people make to big a deal out of making sure they dont consume sugar. i meen sugars a natural thing our bodies are designed to take it in. fake sugars however are not.


Well, there is no such thing as fake sugar. Artificial sweetener is what you're talking about. And I don't think it's bad for you either. If you do a little research on wiki, it'll explain how they are made, what they are made from, and the processes they go through. There will always be people who think something as weird as a sweetness with very low calories has to be bad for you.

As far as Splenda or other AS's causing cancer... It's BS. There are millions of people who drink diet soda and millions of people with cancer. Of course they would overlap. A couple rats, however got bladder cancer when stuffed with the same amount of aspartame as in, what was it, like 300 cans of soda. Well, we're not rats, and no one can drink 300 cans of soda, let alone in a single sitting.

Again, it's another fad that will hopefully die out soon.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

SGraham
Posts: 119
Joined: 13 Jun 2012 00:59
Location: California

Re: Caffeine

Postby SGraham » 02 Jul 2012 01:26

Ty8200 wrote:Well, there is no such thing as fake sugar. Artificial sweetener is what you're talking about. And I don't think it's bad for you either. If you do a little research on wiki, it'll explain how they are made, what they are made from, and the processes they go through


oh i think you missunderstod me , i definatly am not one of those health nuts saying that msg and anything not organic is bad for you. i just think that people spend to much time worrying about not consuming sugar and looking for zero calorie options and stuff like that , i think if you want to be healthy you should focus on what you should be eating and not what you shouldn't.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Ty8200
Posts: 105
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 08:26

Re: Caffeine

Postby Ty8200 » 02 Jul 2012 01:49

SGraham wrote:
Ty8200 wrote:Well, there is no such thing as fake sugar. Artificial sweetener is what you're talking about. And I don't think it's bad for you either. If you do a little research on wiki, it'll explain how they are made, what they are made from, and the processes they go through


oh i think you missunderstod me , i definatly am not one of those health nuts saying that msg and anything not organic is bad for you. i just think that people spend to much time worrying about not consuming sugar and looking for zero calorie options and stuff like that , i think if you want to be healthy you should focus on what you should be eating and not what you shouldn't.


Yes, I agree. Look at people 50 years ago. It was rare to see an overweight or underweight person. Now their more common than normal weight folks. The media is what's to blame, I'm sure, but people need to start thinking for themselves.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests