Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HunterClash

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby HunterClash » 17 Aug 2017 17:03

Gabriel Haitin wrote:Ok so it was a while ago still cant really explain it i was asleep and suddenly i wake up or so i thought because i opened my eyes i couldent move then my body started movibg on its own i got up ran to my sisters room 10 meters away and knocked the ran back and layed down in my bed and then i could move again i thought it was a drean until 2-3 minutes later my sister cam to my room and asked why i knocked could this be som kind of sleep paralysis also when running there i felt i was really short like under the doorknob of her door

It's called a false awakening. You don't sleep walk especially if you're aware.
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

Gabriel Haitin

Postby Gabriel Haitin » 22 Aug 2017 15:34

HunterClash wrote:
Gabriel Haitin wrote:Ok so it was a while ago still cant really explain it i was asleep and suddenly i wake up or so i thought because i opened my eyes i couldent move then my body started movibg on its own i got up ran to my sisters room 10 meters away and knocked the ran back and layed down in my bed and then i could move again i thought it was a drean until 2-3 minutes later my sister cam to my room and asked why i knocked could this be som kind of sleep paralysis also when running there i felt i was really short like under the doorknob of her door

It's called a false awakening. You don't sleep walk especially if your aware

thx for the awnser but i dont think it was when i go to sleep i close my door when i woke up it was open and i asked my sister again later if she heard someone knock :/ which she had

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 22 Aug 2017 16:04

The door might be the wind from the windows or someone checking up on are you sleeping or not, or something like that.

The knocking might be something falling etc.

I don't really think you sleepwalked. False awakening + Coincidences!

Hope this helps!

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 22 Aug 2017 17:53

why is the sky blue

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 22 Aug 2017 18:15

24/7/365 wrote:why is the sky blue

Very relevant -.-

Gabriel Haitin

Postby Gabriel Haitin » 23 Aug 2017 21:58

It just dosent add up we were the only ones home at the time no pets how could anything fall and she went to bed before me
i know its sounds impossible but it couldent have been a dream everythung was just like normal like the lighting outside was the dame as when i could start moving again all lights were off like in the dream and the fact that she came into my room and asked me about the knocking i just i know it completely illogical but its to much to be an coincident if im almost starting to have controlled by a demon as an option lol and to ve honest with you i never remember my dreams after i,ve woken up and when i do i forget them a week ir so later this one was months ago and never had something like it before and i remember it clearly i sat up went down opened my door went out didnt close it pushed down the handle to the bathroom door right outside not enough for it to open felt like i was running down to the living room and knocked on my sisters door then ran back into my room and layed down and i could move guess no one knows what it is if it wasnt a false awakening maybe il find out someday but thx for the help if you find something out that it could be il be staying on the forum a while i've wanted to get into lucid dreaming to ive heard a bit about it but not really how to start ive heard that your supposed to write down your dreams as soon as you wake up and have like an alarm or something at like 2am or something not that much if you have any tips il be checking back soon thx!

Brisk_Avocado

Postby Brisk_Avocado » 01 Sep 2017 22:59

I last night became aware that I was dreaming for the first time, I can't remember anything about the dream other than something odd happened so I held my nose and breathed in and I could breathe, I was delighted that I would finally have a lucid dream but then all of a sudden everything started fading to black, I tried to fight it but noting happened and then I woke up (I think, I might have dreamt that I woke up but I don't know because I don't remember anything after the moment of waking up) are there any methods to prevent this from happening or do I just need practice?

Gabriel Haitin

Postby Gabriel Haitin » 08 Sep 2017 10:06

Brisk_Avocado wrote:I last night became aware that I was dreaming for the first time, I can't remember anything about the dream other than something odd happened so I held my nose and breathed in and I could breathe, I was delighted that I would finally have a lucid dream but then all of a sudden everything started fading to black, I tried to fight it but noting happened and then I woke up (I think, I might have dreamt that I woke up but I don't know because I don't remember anything after the moment of waking up) are there any methods to prevent this from happening or do I just need practice?

so i dont really know much had my first a week ago myself i was chased by bears then i realised it was a dream and made a gun out of a book i had in my backpack its really cool when you manage it was the first time never happened before or again when your realize it i just thought they are going ti get through this door any second now and suddenly i was holding a book then i was like if this is lucid dreaming i should be able to do almost anything then the book turned to a grey dough of some kind and i started forming it when i went out of the room i sat in and started going towards the car they were all gone and i woke up it could have just been a normal dream but i felt selfcounsious and when you woke up was it because of someone waking your or an alarm or something?

TotallyLegit

Postby TotallyLegit » 02 Oct 2017 15:30

I was lucid I'm a dream, but the finger threw hand reality check didn't work. Any ideas why my finger couldn't go threw my pan?

Delarose

Postby Delarose » 09 Nov 2017 17:11

Hi everyone! I’m a 3 months old lucid dreamer.
I have a question that concerns family and friends....how do you make them understand that lucid dreaming isn’t “crazy stuff”? Most of them don’t even remember they’re dreaming so they don’t see the point in experiencing lucid dreaming. How do you make them understand how cool it is?

-Since now I’ve experienced 12 lucid dreams-

Have a nice day!

Return to “For Beginners”