I cannot remember my dreams.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Surprisejedi

I cannot remember my dreams.

Postby Surprisejedi » 22 Sep 2017 16:51

So, for the past month I have not remembered any of my dreams. So, if I were to LD for the first time, would I remember it?

goldenrose

Re: I cannot remember my dreams.

Postby goldenrose » 23 Sep 2017 05:57

On the optimistic side, one may say that a lucid dream would be memorable enough to, you know, remember.

On the pessimistic side, one may say that if you can't remember any of your dreams, you probably won't remember the lucid dream, either.

It will be hard to become lucid at all if your brain cannot retain the information to begin with. Has your sleep pattern changed recently? More stress or emotional strain than usual? Even something as simple as having a lot on your mind can hinder you from recalling your dreams. Have you tried to keep a dream journal? Even writing down every small fragment you can remember, or simply writing "no dreams" under your entry each morning, may help you remember.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

LDer Charles

Re: I cannot remember my dreams.

Postby LDer Charles » 18 Oct 2017 17:51

Surprisejedi wrote:So, for the past month I have not remembered any of my dreams. So, if I were to LD for the first time, would I remember it?

12:50 I don't know sometimes I wake up thinking that I might have had a lucid dream but I can't quite remember. I watched a lot of videos in the last week or two about dream recall on dream journal and they say that remembering dreams is like building a muscle where by keeping a dream journal and writing a few little details then the person sort of build the muscle to remember the dream and then they can remember a lot more so that's what I've been doing since 2012 and I can see some progress because usually I can only remember dreams from my last one or two sleep cycles but lately I've been remembering dreams from my first sleep cycles

Return to “For Beginners”