Fear

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
aquase

Fear

Postby aquase » 21 Sep 2017 07:19

Hi all,
I've been trying LD for half a year now... But everytime I start entering a LD I hear this weird "bzzzzzzz" sound and I feel anxious or feared.
For example:
Last night I dreamed about being chased by a classmate in my friend's house. I ended up locking myself up in the bathroom and looked around me. That's when I realised I was dreaming. To confirm it, I looked at my hands and then the weird thing started. My surroundings became grey and then I felt that fear. As I was slowly waking up (maybe bc of the fear i felt), I could see the wall of my real room which I was looking at but my dream hands?(i always sleep on my side). It also felt like my real body was holding it's hands up.
After 5 of 6 seconds I was fully awake, one arm under my pillow and the other one under my blanket. So I obviously couldn't see my real hands.

Has anyone any idea why I feel this? It's not the first time... I always read that people start to feel excited but I feel fear.

I hope you can help me.

baccuss

Re: Fear

Postby baccuss » 23 Sep 2017 09:24

Why did you feel fear when looking?
I as well have that issue.

I look at my hands..they go a bit weird and I say... "I AM DREAMING" Then I go lucid.
I have that problem as well. I can get too awake...

I have also noticed that when this happens. I can see through my pillow ans sheets.

It's just something different than what you are used to dealing with.
Give it some time. After a while you will crave it...and then you can do what you will.

aquase

Postby aquase » 23 Sep 2017 09:39

Thanks for answering! At least im not the only one hahaha

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 25 Sep 2017 21:41

aquase wrote:Hi all,
I've been trying LD for half a year now... But everytime I start entering a LD I hear this weird "bzzzzzzz" sound and I feel anxious or feared.
For example:
Last night I dreamed about being chased by a classmate in my friend's house. I ended up locking myself up in the bathroom and looked around me. That's when I realised I was dreaming. To confirm it, I looked at my hands and then the weird thing started. My surroundings became grey and then I felt that fear. As I was slowly waking up (maybe bc of the fear i felt), I could see the wall of my real room which I was looking at but my dream hands?(i always sleep on my side). It also felt like my real body was holding it's hands up.
After 5 of 6 seconds I was fully awake, one arm under my pillow and the other one under my blanket. So I obviously couldn't see my real hands.

Has anyone any idea why I feel this? It's not the first time... I always read that people start to feel excited but I feel fear.

I hope you can help me.

Hi aquase.

Your expectations drive what happens in your dreams. If you are afraid that you will wake up, your expectation is that you will wake up. This can quickly lead to actually waking up or having a false awakening (where you dream that you wake up). One way to combat this issue is to have a plan of exactly what you will do when you realize you are dreaming. Doing things to to engage your senses helps to focus your mind and expectations on making the dream as real as possible. So engage as many of your senses as possible: Look around and marvel at how real everything looks, touch things in your surrounding and feel how real they feel, yell "I'm LUCID DREAMING!" and listed to your own voice, take a deep breath and see how the air smells, taste something (anything). This will help to draw your mind completely to your dreamworld, and will take your focus off of your fear and the thoughts of waking up and your sleeping body back in the real world.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Best

Postby Best » 29 Oct 2017 20:13

baccuss wrote:Why did you feel fear when looking?
I as well have that issue.

I look at my hands..they go a bit weird and I say... "I AM DREAMING" Then I go lucid.
I have that problem as well. I can get too awake...

I have also noticed that when this happens. I can see through my pillow ans sheets.

It's just something different than what you are used to dealing with.
Give it some time. After a while you will crave it...and then you can do what you will.

You ain't alone buddy. I often do the LD but anythime I'm entering it, I hear a strange sound and get filled by weird fear. I often find myself tightly hugging my favourite pillows https://hovement.com/best-side-sleeper-pillows/ as if they meant everything to me. Some weird stuff happen until and after I get up really pertubed, that's when I realise I was dreaming.After 5 of 6 seconds I'm fully awake, one arm under my pillow and the other one under my blanket. Thank God, I somehow derive some comfort in the pillow.

Return to “For Beginners”