Lucid Dream "Directing"

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
goldenrose

Lucid Dream "Directing"

Postby goldenrose » 24 Sep 2017 17:41

I have many dreams where I am not in them, but am watching them, like a movie.

Sometimes, I become lucid in these dreams (I don't have the ability to go wherever I please yet, so I'm stuck with the dream I have even when I'm lucid). Instead of inserting myself into the dream, however, I begin to direct the dream. I will the characters to do and say certain things, and if I don't like it, I rewind the story and try again.

Has anyone else done or tried this?
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid Dream "Directing"

Postby Sean Jacobs » 27 Sep 2017 12:26

Hi goldenrose.

I hate those 3rd person perspective dreams. Yes, I've had many and when trying to get lucid these are the worst kind of dreams because it is like watching TV or a Movie. I never get lucid in these dreams because I never question the reality of them, because they are like a movie.

If you become lucid in one of these dreams you can try bringing your hand up in front of your face. if you succeed it will shift you from 3rd person to 1st person perspective, which will allow you to engage your dream body.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 04 Oct 2017 00:03

Sean Jacobs wrote:Hi goldenrose.

I hate those 3rd person perspective dreams. Yes, I've had many and when trying to get lucid these are the worst kind of dreams because it is like watching TV or a Movie. I never get lucid in these dreams because I never question the reality of them, because they are like a movie.

If you become lucid in one of these dreams you can try bringing your hand up in front of your face. if you succeed it will shift you from 3rd person to 1st person perspective, which will allow you to engage your dream body.

Thanks for the input! I tried this the other night and it worked, the perspectives switched. No longer stuck in God mode. :lol:
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Oct 2017 12:00

Excellent!
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

yosa2

Postby yosa2 » 01 Nov 2017 02:34

These dreams to me are like being all characters in the dream, they are common.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”