Translucent Eyelids... WFT? Read And You Will See.....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Translucent Eyelids... WFT? Read And You Will See.....

Postby HAGART » 07 May 2012 04:30

Ok, so my subject is a little weird but now that you are here, let me explain...

Have you ever been in bed, trying to sleep, and you know your eyes are closed, and yet, you can see the room you are in?

It is extremely vague. Like an after image burned on your retinas. You know when you stare at something during the day for a minute or less and then close your eyes and the image remains? Those are usually a negative of the image in which the light is now dark and the dark is now lit, but it comes into focus like a polaroid picture being developed before you very eyes.

This has happened to me several times. I never thought much of it. But if you are ever in that state.... LOOK AROUND AND GET UP!

It is vague but go along with it. At first it feels like you are just watching a picture and you are not apart or it. But got with it. Choose left or right or up or down. Eventually it comes into focus. THEN YOU ARE THERE!
I lost 'being there' for a bit, but continued with my journey around my house. (It started as a vague false awakening). It got more 'real' as I stuck with it. Sometimes it is an after image on your eyelids so to speak and then you are there being able to feel and taste.

Anyway. I feel today was my fist true Wake Induced Lucid Dream. I have had many lucid dreams. But not like today. If I didn't INDUCE IT...... I never would have lucid dreamed. I would have woken up and said, "hey.... that was a weird experience for a little bit there...." So for the first time, I started it from the beginning... I induced it. I get DILDs all the time and I love those. But there was no dream to begin with, no story, I was there from the very inception!

I'm starting to blabber.... but if you ever get 'translucent eyelids' and can see the room and still feel like you are trying to get to sleep..... GET UP AND WALK AROUND. It is hard at first. I am still learning. But you are already asleep and just don't know it.

If I sound weird... then good.... I am in the right place. I find lucid dreaming fascinating and I try to put my experiences into words the best I can..........
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Re: Translucent Eyelids... WFT? Read And You Will See.....

Postby Peter » 07 May 2012 11:21

good post, I think I have done that a few times when trying to WILD. There is a vauge sense of being there and the trick is to sort of will youself to be moving around. I feel that you are asleep and its your dream body that is aware but you are not fully in this so you put your mind on the job and get up and walk away into a dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 May 2012 13:31

a couple of hours later and I have just had a lovely and quite long LD. drifting off and got the images you have described and just walked into the dream. There was a micro - second where I lost awareness so I had to walk through a door to make sure but it all worked fine.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 May 2012 21:25

I knew I wasn't the only one.
I want to describe it a little better. It felt like I was watching the image of the room on the back of my eyelids. But I could choose whether to turn right or left. But then it slowly started to get more real as my senses were kicking in. I could hear and touch things. Then it would fade away again and I was just watching images on the back of my eyelids for a while and then it would get real again as if I am there.

I called it 'translucent eyelids' because it started with me laying in bed trying to sleep and could see the room around my like an image burned in my retinas and yet I knew my eyes were closed. BUT I do recall a few LD experiences that started with dimly lit, vague imagery that I was exploring that is no place in particular. There would be the sense of a hall and I would turn corners. Those times I was unsuccessful because I got a little too excited by it. And one time I was in bed with 'translucent eyelids' watching a fly buzz around my room and I never thought to look around and explore no matter how vague the image was.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 May 2012 23:50

I tend to think it is the transition from seeing the outside world on the outside and starting to see on the inside and then placing our awareness along with the construction of a dream body in the image. At that stage its a LD and away we go

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 10 May 2012 19:54

Are you saying that you did this while trying to go to sleep at night? I'm just wondering because that is supposed to be the time when it is most difficult to have a WILD. Anyway, I'm definitely going to be trying this for a few weeks because that happens to me quite often when I'm trying to go to sleep.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 May 2012 22:14

NO.
It happened to me in the morning when I try to go BACK to sleep.
I only lucid dream in the early hours of the morning at the end of the sleep cycle. (REM sleep people call it).
I think that is the same for most of us.

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 May 2012 22:16

Most of my LD are in the morning hours but I also have a reasonable amount in the afternoons and a few on going to sleep at night as well.

thomas

Postby thomas » 14 May 2012 03:02

Okay - you all have my attention. This happens to me on a fairly regular basis. Here's something fun to try.
When you start seeing "through" your eyelids try holding a hand up in front of your face. (Lying on your side works easier for this.) Try to "see" it. When I do this I can at times "see" it and other times I just get a very solid sense of it being there. If you just sense it try opening and closing your fist - it's really weird. It's like having an invisible hand/arm attached to your body. Crazy stuff.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 May 2012 02:14

yea, because is your REAL ARM MOVING?
probably not. But it feels like it.
Hmmmmm... I just thought of "phantom limbs".... (another topic maybe.)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”