What you planned. What you did.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
LuckyMan

What you planned. What you did.

Postby LuckyMan » 08 Sep 2017 17:10

Hi there. Checking in from eastern Canada. Have been at this for 18 months, and am hopelessly addicted. But I live in an area where lucid dreamers are thin on the ground, sigh! Looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge and experience I suspect is here in this crowd. My stats: 1st intentional LD after 30 days trying. Am now averaging one per 5-6 days or thereabouts. But I fear my LDs are still quite "low level." I approach LDing from a scientific standpoint, not real keen on dream interpretation, although one can hardly help going there when one journals copiously, right?
Am most interested at this stage in goal setting. Would love to hear from people who will share "here's what I intended to do" followed by "here's what happened" -- in a lucid dream of course. Thanks for reading. Wishing everyone all the best.

baccuss

Re: What you planned. What you did.

Postby baccuss » 23 Sep 2017 08:32

Nice! Sounds like you are doing more than great!

Have you read the yoga of dreams?

Marte

Postby Marte » 12 Oct 2017 20:54

Hello from south of Norway :)

I have only been doing this for approximately six months, and what triggered me to reply on your post is also my little experience from aspirations and planning ahead of lucid dreams. I'm totally in the beginning stage, however:

My aspiration in this particular example was to communicate with "my uncounscious self" (the dream characters). This aspiration is more or less with me during the day, and before going to sleep, like a prayer. The first time I had the chance to meet dream characters this way in a lucid state I got to cocky. I met a mob, and instead of trying to communicate on a genuine level, I just showed off my scills; flying through them etc. They were not impressed! Later nights, with the same aspiration adding a wish to be more genuine and helpful, the communication and experience has matured a little.

I experience that if I have a bad feeling/difficult emotion before going to sleep; trying to visualize these emotions as dream characters (not literally, but kind of inviting them in my sphere instead of trying to force them away), it seems to trigger lucidity during night, especially with the above aspiration in mind. I have not experienced this so often it can be regarded as evident that it is so, but it's definetely a working hypothesis that is also healing in its own way.

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » 20 Oct 2017 00:25

baccuss wrote:Nice! Sounds like you are doing more than great!

Have you read the yoga of dreams?

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. I definitely am interested in Dream Yoga and am looking forward some day to exploring more. I am especially keen to watch and learn more from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. I like his style and his very positive approach. I am not sure if The Yoga of Dreams is in that vein but I will surely add it to my list of titles to be explored. Thanks.

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » 20 Oct 2017 00:41

Marte wrote:Hello from south of Norway :)

I have only been doing this for approximately six months, and what triggered me to reply on your post is also my little experience from aspirations and planning ahead of lucid dreams. I'm totally in the beginning stage, however:

My aspiration in this particular example was to communicate with "my uncounscious self" (the dream characters). This aspiration is more or less with me during the day, and before going to sleep, like a prayer. The first time I had the chance to meet dream characters this way in a lucid state I got to cocky. I met a mob, and instead of trying to communicate on a genuine level, I just showed off my scills; flying through them etc. They were not impressed! Later nights, with the same aspiration adding a wish to be more genuine and helpful, the communication and experience has matured a little.

I experience that if I have a bad feeling/difficult emotion before going to sleep; trying to visualize these emotions as dream characters (not literally, but kind of inviting them in my sphere instead of trying to force them away), it seems to trigger lucidity during night, especially with the above aspiration in mind. I have not experienced this so often it can be regarded as evident that it is so, but it's definetely a working hypothesis that is also healing in its own way.

Hi Marte. Thank you for your reply. I smiled when you talked about being a show-off when you first met your dream characters. Glad to hear you are becoming friendlier with them LOL

I am very interested in your comment about triggering lucidity with visualizations of negative emotions. This is completely foreign to me because I banish all negative thoughts and feeling when the lights go out. I am attempting to create a night-time world where my daytime troubles are not welcome. Oh, sure they end up barging their way in anyway sure enough in my non-lucid dreams, but for the most part my goal is to create positive, happy lucid dreams, and I believe the outcome will be a happier and more positive waking life. I find that the more I practise this the more my waking life troubles seem so far, far, far away. I don't think this is denial, I think it is just admitting "hey, there's nothing I can do about those negative things here in my bed, so I'm just going to play, tomorrow will be there when I wake up." Sorry for the length of my reply! I tend to go on and on.

Anyway all the best, and I wish you every success in your quest for world class lucidity!

If you have time please let me know more about your theory about visualizing emotions/dream characters and how that ramps up the chances of lucidity. I am always on the lookout for some observations and insights that will help me up my game.

Best Regards,

Merrill

Marte

Postby Marte » 16 Nov 2017 17:00

Hi Merill,

It was nice to see your reply. I'm not so used with forums, and had kind of forgotten I had signed in!

I have had a few more lucid dreams since last time, but must admit it has been more or less ad hoc. It is always in the back of my mind, but when bed time comes; soo easy to just fall asleep like any animal. Anyway.

I see the dream characters as, if not a manifestations of emotions, but at least I see them as a key to unlock different blockages. I like your approach with aiming for a happy lucid night. So far I have been more of a "shadow worker" as you may have guessed. My notion is, that if one is fully lucid, even socalled nightmares is becoming happy.

I'm trying to be conscious of my negative emotions such as fear, envy, etc. So when they come, especially during bed time, when I'm not too lazy and what not, I'm trying to sink in to them, feel them truly, almost like communicating nonverbally as if they were actual characters. By that I suspect I'm also communicating to my unconscious self, that I am ready to meet and face the difficulties in the dream state. I still think it may enhance lucidity, but I'm not so aware I could see the actual link, if that makes any sense.

I wish you all the best too, in your quest of lucid dreaming. With a load of happy moments and great fun! And please share if you have some more experience during the night that is also benefitting the day.

Much Love,
Marte

Return to “Introduce Yourself”