Lonedreamer's lucid dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Re: Lonedreamer's lucid dreams

Postby Summerlander » 26 Oct 2017 22:16

How vividly strong was your lucid dream environment at the time? I have a theory ...

Even though you were completely aware of the illusory nature of your surroundings, a part of you (subconscious) craves for realism---it wants the dream elements to be real in the same sense as waking life for a number of reasons: (a) stability; (b) prolongation; and (c) the thrill of exploring another somewhat solid world.

The aforementioned reality check denies the dream its ostensible objectivity---it threatens to completely shatter the illusion with a feat which is known to be impossible in the physical universe. The subconscious does not know that the dream can survive the 'reality-denier', so to speak, so it forecloses the anomaly instead. It's like something in that state of consciousness tries to pull the wool over your eyes!

Of course, one might argue, a simple failed reality check is insufficient against strong lucidity, but the dream world is known to have other potential traps which can gradually befuddle even the most experienced oneironauts keen to engage with its hallucinatory elements.

Let's put it this way ...

Imagine that Robert Waggoner has a point. There is an awareness behind the dream. It's you and it isn't (as paradoxical as it sounds, the brain is a conglomerate of conflicting wills). So this alter ego of yours conspires to deceive you. If it could think in language, this is what it would be:

'LoneDreamer might not be deceived by the fact that I denied the impossibility of his successful reality test, but I have other tricks up my sleeve. When he leaves his dream abode he shall encounter a spellbinding character that might just do the trick. If he doesn't forget that he's dreaming, a false awakening might just make him believe that my world is real ...'

You, on the other hand, can fight against your subconscious deceiver by performing impossible feats (like Alice!). You can fly. You can transmute any dream element including yourself. You can engage with dream people with a degree of taciturnity. You can remind yourself every few seconds or so that none of it is real---it is all a dream in which you are fully awake ...

Maintaining lucidity in the dream is the equivalence of preserving focus during meditation. Lucidity equals mindfulness.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

sindyciaray

Re: Lonedreamer's lucid dreams

Postby sindyciaray » 07 Nov 2017 11:16

I must say this felt like a long LD

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”