Can't Stabilize My Dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GamerFuckerLD

Can't Stabilize My Dreams

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 30 Oct 2017 17:16

Hi, fellows. I've been practicing lucid dreaming techniques for quite a while, and have been successful at inducing 9 lucid dreams, all of which have collapsed seconds after I become lucid. 90% of my lucid dreams had lucidity triggered by looking at my hands and realizing having six or seven fingers on each hand. I tried to keep looking at my palms but the dream collapsed a few seconds later. I tried in a dream today to move my hand towards the other so that I rub them together to stabilize but I couldn't move it the moment I became lucid. It seems that my kinetic senses "unplug" before the visual sense fades, and the result was dream collapse. Note that I was calm and didn't have the chance to ruin it with excitement or some strong emotion. I tried shouting "Clarity now!" twice in a lucid dream, and all it did was prolonging the dream a few seconds before it collapsed. I'm quite frustrated with the results. I know it requires patience and that I'll keep trying and trying until I master this skill. It's just these dream stabilizing techniques aren't working for me. Either that, or that there's something wrong I'm doing that I may not be aware of.

Anyone can help??

GamerFuckerLD

Re: Can't Stabilize My Dreams

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 31 Oct 2017 22:26

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. I said I'll persist 'till I learn this, but that doesn't mean any help offered won't be considered :). See other posts getting replies while I'm left hanging there.

dayzrp

Postby dayzrp » 01 Nov 2017 07:56

I want to know this as wel haha

ralinjo32

Postby ralinjo32 » 02 Nov 2017 15:39

i have a similar problem, as im also a begginer i cant speak from experience however i have two things to offer. Have you tried spinning to stabilize i heard it helps, didnt help me tho. The mistake i made was closing my eyes during it so i woke up, so watch out for that. Second thing you can try is dream chaining, when the dream collapses and you wake up try not to move and remain calm, theres a chance you can slip into the next dream which, induced like that, has a higher chance of being lucid. With all that said stabilization is a skill, and like any other of its kind, it takes time to master i guess, so dont rush it :D. Wish you the best of luck, and patience :D

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 03 Nov 2017 17:58

ralinjo32 wrote:i have a similar problem, as im also a begginer i cant speak from experience however i have two things to offer. Have you tried spinning to stabilize i heard it helps, didnt help me tho. The mistake i made was closing my eyes during it so i woke up, so watch out for that. Second thing you can try is dream chaining, when the dream collapses and you wake up try not to move and remain calm, theres a chance you can slip into the next dream which, induced like that, has a higher chance of being lucid. With all that said stabilization is a skill, and like any other of its kind, it takes time to master i guess, so dont rush it :D. Wish you the best of luck, and patience :D

Thanks, buddy. Although most of what you mentioned are stuff I know, your contribution is much appreciated. Today, I had a series of lucid dreams that I can truly call lucid dreams, unlike the previous ones where all they lasted was a few seconds compared to today's 5+ minutes lucid dreams :D. The moment I realized I'm dreaming through my personally golden lucidity trigger (looking at hands and finding extra fingers), I kept telling myself "This is a dream, this is a dream..." while touching everything I could find around me. Tables, walls, people, anything. At one moment, I found myself holding a woman's head in my hands to ground myself in the dream world and prevent the usual expulsion my subconscious forces upon me. I also think that expectation really plays a major role in lucid dreams as I planned before going to sleep that I will expect to remain in the dream world, rather than the usual worrying about not being able to stabilize the dream. And it was a success. I managed to stabilize the dream! Now I went about exploring the immediate school-like environment. It lasted a few minutes before the dream collapsed and then I spawn in the director's office, apparently to be punished for the wrongdoing that I did a few moments ago. I then ask the director to give me a moment to inspect my hands first, as I put them on his table and observe them. Again! Extra fingers on my hands, I become lucid again and continue roaming around the dreamscape and doing all kinds of stuff I could think of at the moment. I lost lucidity a few minutes later and then a few moments pass I spawn in my home as I become lucid again! Now I really got a taste of how it feels to be lucid, albeit semi-lucid. Although the potential for further lucid dreams was possible, I just decided to leave it and wake up feeling ecstatic to record these achievements in my dream journal.

As the stabilization problem is solved, now I can proceed on to improving at the other skills: heightening lucidity and dream control.
Wish me all success, as I wish you all wonderful, amazing lucid dreams.

ralinjo32

Postby ralinjo32 » 05 Nov 2017 14:30

Ah wonderful, im so glad you menaged to improve in such a short time, so did you set intention to remain in the dreamworld like MILD mantra or some other way?

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 05 Nov 2017 21:46

ralinjo32 wrote:Ah wonderful, im so glad you menaged to improve in such a short time, so did you set intention to remain in the dreamworld like MILD mantra or some other way?

Thanks, ralinjo32. I actually use a combination of MILD and WBTB. I set my alarm to run after about five hours, then wake up to go to bathroom, drink water, write in my dream journal about any dreams I could remember. I then proceed to repeating the affirmation "Next time I'm dreaming, I will recognize I'm dreaming" 'till I fall asleep. And to be honest, without good amounts of time spent in sleep (7-8 hours of sleep), I don't tend to have any lucid dreams or vivid dreams at all. I took a Vitamin B6 supplement tonight to see how it will improve things to go.

Wish you all the best.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Nov 2017 01:07

Have some banana and cheese. That'll help! Banana is rich in serotonin and promotes focus; the cheese contains the amino acid tryptophan which expedites the tryptamine process in your brain that promotes vividness and equilibrates the sleep-regulating melatonin levels. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 07 Nov 2017 22:36

Summerlander wrote:Have some banana and cheese. That'll help! Banana is rich in serotonin and promotes focus; the cheese contains the amino acid tryptophan which expedites the tryptamine process in your brain that promotes vividness and equilibrates the sleep-regulating melatonin levels. 8-)

Thanks for the advice, Summerlander. However, the war conditions surrounding my country prevents me from being able to afford such "luxuries" in the meantime :cry:.
Vitamin B6 supplements seem to do the trick, as I had a series of lucid dreams today where it was quite vivid and ultra HD experience 8-).

Return to “For Beginners”