Does autism affect the ability to lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lego

Does autism affect the ability to lucid dream?

Postby Lego » 02 Nov 2017 21:48

I have been wondering ever since I first heard about how to lucid dream: Does my autism affect my ability to have lucid dreams?

I apologize if this might be hard to answer since everyone with autism has a different case of it, and are not alike, but I just want to see if I can find an answer to this question.

With all curiosity,

-Lego (Written on November 2, 2017)
AHH... This stuff is really... FRESH!

If you wish to PM me, then go ahead. :D

DAL_nug

Re: Does autism affect the ability to lucid dream?

Postby DAL_nug » 03 Nov 2017 05:35

I myself wouldn't know since I'm still a beginner at this and have been trying at it with minimal results for only around a month and a half. Most of my trouble has come from being extremely overstressed, but I'm now kind of concerned that my autism might be affecting my capability of lucid dreaming; I'm in the same boat as you, I guess. Hopefully, someone actually knows, because I don't want to have some sort of incapability just because I was born differently. That's kind of unfair not only for me but anybody with autism, to be honest.
Hi, I have deep, unmoving, unrelentingly cruel emotional problems topped with only a small smidge of confidence and a big heaping dollop of no self-esteem; don't forget the side order of self-deprecation!

Lego

Postby Lego » 03 Nov 2017 17:08

DAL_nug wrote:I myself wouldn't know since I'm still a beginner at this and have been trying at it with minimal results for only around a month and a half.

It's okay. I understand. I haven't had any lucid dreams yet, but I hope I will have some in the near future. I also don't immediately expect someone to have an answer to this thread since not everyone here is autistic or has knowledge about if autism effects lucid dreaming. So I will be patient in waiting for an answer, and in the meantime, also be patient in trying to achieve having a lucid dream. :D
AHH... This stuff is really... FRESH!

If you wish to PM me, then go ahead. :D

LearningToDream

Postby LearningToDream » 05 Nov 2017 15:55

Hello, I don't really know for sure but my presumption is that it shouldn't.

Return to “For Beginners”