How often should I do reality checks?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lego

How often should I do reality checks?

Postby Lego » 03 Nov 2017 17:18

I do reality checks every hour from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, since people say 10 is the magic number for reality checks. However, sometimes when I try to do reality checks, I sometimes forget to do them because I am mostly at school, and trying to do my work when trying to do do them, and I also don't know if I am doing them often enough, or if I am doing them correctly. What should I do?

Thanks,

-Lego (Written on November 3, 2017)
AHH... This stuff is really... FRESH!

If you wish to PM me, then go ahead. :D

LearningToDream

Re: How often should I do reality checks?

Postby LearningToDream » 05 Nov 2017 16:01

I have the same problem, I forget to do them while at school. I just try and do them often enough to a decent enough standard. While at school I do reality checks before I enter the room/just as I'm about to leave. It just becomes a habit to do that after not so long.

The number of reality checks doesn't matter unless you do them correctly, so as long as you do them correctly it should be fine.

Just aim for 10 as you said but if you don't reach the aim everyday then it's fine, it's consistency in doing the reality checks that matters.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'm just going to summarize:
While at school do the reality checks when you enter/leave the room or when you are in a new location (such as the hallway) etc.
Do at least 5-10 a day
Don't worry if you don't get the 10 a day.

I have to leave now, I'll perhaps come back soon.

Lego

Re: How often should I do reality checks?

Postby Lego » 05 Nov 2017 17:17

LearningToDream wrote:I have the same problem, I forget to do them while at school. I just try and do them often enough to a decent enough standard. While at school I do reality checks before I enter the room/just as I'm about to leave. It just becomes a habit to do that after not so long.

The number of reality checks doesn't matter unless you do them correctly, so as long as you do them correctly it should be fine.

Just aim for 10 as you said but if you don't reach the aim everyday then it's fine, it's consistency in doing the reality checks that matters.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'm just going to summarize:
While at school do the reality checks when you enter/leave the room or when you are in a new location (such as the hallway) etc.
Do at least 5-10 a day
Don't worry if you don't get the 10 a day.

I have to leave now, I'll perhaps come back soon.

Thank you! I will try doing that when I go back to school tomorrow. ;) Also what is considered correct for doing a reality check?
AHH... This stuff is really... FRESH!

If you wish to PM me, then go ahead. :D

Return to “For Beginners”