How to easily wake up out of a lucid dream?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
fraggerdagger

How to easily wake up out of a lucid dream?

Postby fraggerdagger » 04 Nov 2017 03:54

Hi i am new to this forum, last night i was having a bunch of lucid dream's and in all of them i developed a technique where i would imagine a large colorful map like hologram then i would touch a rectangle and i would wake up. I didn't know any other way to wake up and that was the trick that worked for me. I would wake up in the middle of the night and get angry because i would have to force my self to sleep again. Also i have to mention i went to sleep way earlier (i was really tired). It was at 7 pm and i went to sleep and i usually sleep at 11 - 12 even on school night because i have a bad habit. Me waking up at 2:00 was really annoying. Well back to the story, here is when the problem started. One of the characters from my dream was pretending to be my mom and sent me a text that i would need to ride the bus home. When i got there i didn't remember what happened but what ever it was i ran out of the house and onto the backyard. I thought to my self that i knew i was dreaming so i made one of those maps i talked about. But during that time the weird impostor was trying to keep me in the dream. There was a strange black web-like substance spread across the hologram and when ever i went to an open rectangle to escape the substance would spread over it like a virus. This is not the first time i have had dream characters try to keep me dreaming. Basically to keep things short i kinda need a better way of escaping dreams that doesn't make me wake up completely or is taken over. I am 100% sure i was lucid dreaming because i even held back on my lucid dream powers when i was trying to steal something( because i didn't wanna spoil the challenge).
Well thanks for reading and i look forward to replies.

Sph2o

Re: How to easily wake up out of a lucid dream?

Postby Sph2o » 04 Nov 2017 08:11

While the ability to wake from a dream when desired is a compelling one to a lucid dreamer, one that I used to enable constantly, it does have its consequences which may eventually take the form similar to the one you described.

Nightmares as a whole are not a pleasant experience but through experiences like you described I realized that they do have their place in our dreams. They are your psyche's way of informing you of stress or concerns you may have in your waking life that are not getting the time in your conscious needed in order for it to be resolved. So while its tempting the hit the wake up button upon an disliked or even boring situation in a dream, wait, watch, take note. Details and themes within can be useful to finding the source of these dreams.

Another way to battle this is to consider that in human mind, even in a dream state craves conclusion. So even the act of taking charge and ending the situation with a suitable ending before waking up will assist in your ability to begin another, and limit the odds of the dream reoccurring.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”