Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Delarose

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Delarose » 09 Nov 2017 17:18

TotallyLegit wrote:I was lucid I'm a dream, but the finger threw hand reality check didn't work. Any ideas why my finger couldn't go threw my pan?

I did experience that. Try to be more focused and aware while you do reality checks and mix 3 of them together. I usually count my fingers, jump to see if I can float and try to remeber what I did before. Focus while you do them and try to be more present in the moment. Hope it helps.

Delarose

Postby Delarose » 09 Nov 2017 17:22

Nico wrote:At first I'm 13 years old. I've found that lucid dreaming is very interesting. I only like WILD method for LD. But I have some problems. At first, I don't like waking up at 5 am because my alarm clock sounds a lot and sometimes it wakes my parents or sometimes I don't remember I have to wake up at this time to induce an LD and I sleep normally. It's also scary for me having a WILD at 5 am because of the sleep paralysis, so I normally try WILDs while taking a nap. My dad also finds this very interesting and he sometimes sleep in my room so I don't freak out. Ok, normally when I try WILD I watch the LD subliminal video (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/videos/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html) , then I go to my bedroom, turn on my ipod to listen to binaural beats for LDs and try to relax. The neariest experience I had to LD (I think so) is that after seeing those figures (hypnagogic) I started to see flashes, but as I was taking a nap and binaural beats stopped, I stopped focusing because of the noise that my brother was making and I "woke up". Was Iclose to LD? The last thing is that I also try WILD at 10pm. Could that work?

PD: Sorry for my English, and I tried to explain as far as I could

(My copied post)

It’s easier at the beginning with DILD. Do 10-15 reality checks a day and be mindful. Those daily habits will soon show also in your dream state. And read books about lucid dreaming. Start with La Berge. Have fun!

chubes619

Postby chubes619 » 20 Nov 2017 17:20

i tried for my first time last night using the wake to bed method and everything seemed like it was goin well. i got myself into sleep paralysis and was fully aware of it and of my intentions but i couldn't cross the gap from random hallucinations to an actual dream. i felt like i was getting close but i started hearing my dad who's been in the hospital for awhile from the hallway so i jolted out of bed and ended up just going back to sleep afterwards. basically what i'm asking is how do i get from the sleep paralysis stage to an actual lucid dream. thanks for any tips.

Noppe

Postby Noppe » 25 Nov 2017 22:55

Hey there. I don't think this would classify as a lucid dream, that's why I didn't want to start a thread about it. It just seemed this is the best place to ask.
I experienced something weird this morning. I woke up, but because I could tell it's quite early, I tried going back to sleep. Now, I've been dreaming tonight, and the dream was right before I woke up. So, when I failed to go back to sleep, I just started thinking about the dream. It started feeling like a proper dream again, though I could control bits of it, most of it was pretty autonomous. The thing is, while the 'dream' just picked up from where it finished when I woke up, I knew I didn't fall back asleep. I was fully aware of my surroundings and could move or open my eyes whenever I wanted to. So how did this 'dream' feel like a proper dream, even though I wasn't sleeping? Anyone could please comment on that?
Also sorry for repeating the word 'dream' a lot lol

ENZ

Postby ENZ » 07 Dec 2017 01:52

I sleep 11 to 12 hours due to medication. I'm relatively healthy thanks to that. Should I buy a sleep mask to see what my REM cycles are?

starsinthesky

Postby starsinthesky » 24 Dec 2017 12:05

hello everybody!
I hope, its ok to switch in.
First, i have to excuse my english. I am from germany but i am doing my best!

I am interested in LD for about 8 weeks or so.

About two or three weeks ago i dreamed that i was moving out of my sleeping body, that was lying on my sofa. Wich was the case in reality. But only my head and upper body moved out. It was an extremely exciting experience. I was aware, that it was in a dream. but at the same time i was kind of watching the scene. Don´t know how to call this state? was this a lucid dream or not?

A few days ago i became aware of a dream that i had. I was standing in my kitchen with something in my hands. The thing in my hands changed and in my dream i shouted "oh my goodness, i am dreaming!". The image shrank to the size of a pinhead in a tremendous speed. And i woke up. But i didn´t open my eyes. It was annoying! Than i went on sleeping.

But this WAS the beginning of a LD, wasn´t it?

Did someone experience this shrinking process too?

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 09 Jan 2018 19:52

Beginner Questions Welcome = self proclaimed know it all

actually asking a question = I can't think for myself

scarletgirl

Postby scarletgirl » 16 Jan 2018 16:24

What are the most important things to note in your dream journal?

In attempt to trigger a second lucid dream after being inspired by the first...I have begun journalling. I dream so much content - 6-10 dreams per night and can remember a whack of detail. It's taking me too long to write it all down! So I've begun to note just certain things - like that I read words or numbers, saw colors, heard music, or encountered a loved one who has died. I guess I'm also looking for items or scenes that recur so I can use them as launching points when I recognize them in future dreams. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Dreaming Life

Postby Dreaming Life » 17 Jan 2018 19:45

scarletgirl wrote:What are the most important things to note in your dream journal?

In attempt to trigger a second lucid dream after being inspired by the first...I have begun journalling. I dream so much content - 6-10 dreams per night and can remember a whack of detail. It's taking me too long to write it all down! So I've begun to note just certain things - like that I read words or numbers, saw colors, heard music, or encountered a loved one who has died. I guess I'm also looking for items or scenes that recur so I can use them as launching points when I recognize them in future dreams. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I think what you're doing sounds like a good plan. I usually recommend folks to write down as many details as they can remember, but that's usually because they are having difficulty remembering everything and this helps with that. You could have a separate journal, or sub-journal, for recurring items? For example, I wrote an online dream journal for 7 years, between 2003 and 10, and had a sub-journal for this thing I call the Mothership. SO anytime the Mothership came up in a dream I'd write that in the journal, then write an entry in the Mothership record as well, like this: https://www.dreaming.life/dream-archive/the-mothership.htm

scarletgirl

Postby scarletgirl » 18 Jan 2018 02:18

Dreaming Life wrote:
SO anytime the Mothership came up in a dream I'd write that in the journal, then write an entry in the Mothership record as well, like this: https://www.dreaming.life/dream-archive/the-mothership.htm

Thanks for your reply! I am starting to notice hotels in a lot of my dreams - so perhaps I'll start a sub-journal about that - good suggestion.

Return to “For Beginners”