Video of Real Lucid Dream Experience

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
12padams

Video of Real Lucid Dream Experience

Postby 12padams » 13 May 2012 13:37

NOTE: Phase Experience = Lucid Dream, The Phase = Dreamworld

I am gonna be honest here... I don't get much out of what I read which is why I prefer watching practical demonstrations and videos. As you all know I log my phase journey at my blog in "text" format. What about: VIDEO FORMAT!!!!

Just imagine being able to watch rather than read about a phase experience! THAT'S WHAT YOU WILL SOON BE ABLE TO DO!

Ok, Here we go... My second phase experience occurred on day 35. Basically I awoke and a weird noise triggered lucidity allowing me to realise I was experiencing a false awakening. Here is an actual quote:

"Unexpectedly I felt myself jolt into my body again. Instantly I realised that I had just dreamt about my mum coming into my room. While remaining motionless I briefly glanced around and noticed that it was completely dark in my room. This confused me as the last time I checked some light was starting to come in. Wearily, I began sitting up in my bed to look out my window and investigate.

Millions of voices from a variety of different people talking all at once blasted into my ears. It lasted about two seconds before it faded out in a creepy, ghostly echo type way. This terrifying event was a lucidity trigger which allowed me to realise I was experiencing a false awakening. I excitedly performed a reality check which confirmed I had finally consciously made it to the phase.

I looked at my bedroom door and attempted walking to it. It was a strange feeling since it felt more like a semi-hover than an ordinary walk. I was just about to slide it open before I decided to try something different. "Can my hand go through it?" I thought. Eagerly, I attempted putting my hand through the closed door. Success! It was an amazing unforgettable yet hard to explain feeling. It felt like I was putting my hand through floating water without the “wet” feeling. Knowing now that I was definitely in the phase I decided it was time to have a little play around and experiment"

Complete experience in blue text here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.msg4117#msg4117

Now here is a video version of those first three paragraphs!!! (not listed on youtube and only being previewed to a few forums)
- DO NOT RATE OR SEND THIS VIDEO ANYWHERE ELSE, ITS JUST A PREVIEW OF WHAT'S TO COME AND WILL SOON BE DELETED!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4utZp_PgV7k

I will complete the entire day 35 experience video version in the future :)

What do you think? Would watching video phase experiences be better than reading about an experience? Also does that video give you the same image/story that you have read or did you think it would have played out differently?
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

Shadow

Re: Video of Real Lucid Dream Experience

Postby Shadow » 13 May 2012 19:35

I think reading would be better because a video could not quite do it justice. If you were really good with special effects maybe but your not quite there yet. When you put your hand through the door it didn't look that realistic. Alice in Wonderland is an example of what lucid dreaming on video would look like. If you do want to make videos I encourage you to download a vfx program like after effects or movie maker. There's a free trial on adobe's website.

12padams

Postby 12padams » 13 May 2012 23:00

I did use after effects...

Since I have RSI I don't have time to make awesome effects unfortunately :(

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 14 May 2012 02:46

Oh well if you can try to go for quality instead of rushing to put out a video. You could maybe add some background music. You could add a color correction or just something to spice up the video. At 52 seconds in the video we could see you recording yourself. Just mess around in after effects i'm sure you can enhance your video.

12padams

Postby 12padams » 14 May 2012 03:19

Oh well if you can try to go for quality instead of rushing to put out a video.

The important thing here is that I am introducing a new format for people to log lucid dreams. Its not supposed to be "wow" hollywood quaility styles... Its supposed to simply be a visual representation of what you experience. "You" being anybody who lucid dreams.

The video experiences should be at a quality level that you and everyone who watched this video can do.
If you look at my video and think "Wow, thats cool but how am I supposed to make videos of my own experiences" then I have failed terribly. Its not about making myself famous with hollywood lucid movies. Its about simply showing people what they can do without needing to be an actor or movie editor.

I havent had any training as a movie actor or editor to make that video so any average person should be able to log their lucid dreams in the video format I have presented. Its not for money, Its not for fame, Its just an example of another way people can log their experiences without needing to be professionals.

Overall, I don't want anyone to look at this video and think "I wish I could make something like that". I want people to think "Wow, thats a great alternative to writing my experiences. I should start using that format as well"

So I'll ask you all again: "Do you like this format of logging lucid dreams?"

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 14 May 2012 05:12

Well now that you put it that way I say no. Like I said earlier a video can not do a lucid dream justice. There are so many amazing textures and smells and sights that you just can not put into a video. Unless it's a real high quality video. With text you can describe everything everything you saw, felt, or tasted. The reader can maybe imagine it in their head. It's like reading a book versus watching a movie almost. Some people like watching the Harry potter movies and some people like reading the books. That's why I say if your gonna do a video it should be really high quality so that you can actually "experience" it. Well anyways that is just my opinion. I would love to hear other peoples opinions.

12padams

Postby 12padams » 14 May 2012 09:20

With text you can describe everything everything you saw, felt, or tasted. The reader can maybe imagine it in their head.

Can the reader imagine the layout of your house or town? Can they imagine what you look like or where the location of things are around you? Partially yes but these videos act as a visual guide to show exactly what the lucid dreamer and their surroundings look like. As they say, a picture paints a thousand words :)

It's like reading a book versus watching a movie almost. Some people like watching the Harry potter movies and some people like reading the books.

Fantastic! I cater for both interests. I write books on my experiences and I make accompanying videos so the general layout of my house and environment can be understood. Those who dislike reading but like lucid dreaming have got the option of watching a video instead but the text version is always available not matter what :)

Well anyways that is just my opinion. I would love to hear other peoples opinions.

Well while we wait for the others from this forum to express their opinions here is what people have said about my video on other forums:

"nice video, very creative i like it. If you continue this route your going to become a obe researcher like Michael Raduga."

"Haha loved it! Loved the music and the new effect, Keep up the good work! Have you watched Tim Posts videos ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=difQXmdnEKA&feature=relmfu <-- part 9
Hope you get inspired =D"

"That looks cool. I imagine that's going to take lots of time to edit. I think it is easier to watch however you may need to include a few subtitles to convey the inner thoughts that are not spoken like "I just dreamed my mom was in here." or "The room is so dark. There was light coming in a while ago.""

"this reminds me of the movie into the void at the beginning, the whole first person point of view/spoken thoughts thing. I do think that this is pretty cool, it seems like it would take a lot of time to create these though and i definitely think that it could help some people ie visual learners vs as opposed to people who prefer reading."

"Very interesting! the video is very good, very professionally done from what I saw. Keep up the awesome work!"

"Your idea of the video remaking is quite interesting. It's a great way to document one's own adventures, and show others the reality of Lucid Dreaming as well."

So what do others from this forum think?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”