What are some things you can do while awake that will help you Lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Gnimaerd

What are some things you can do while awake that will help you Lucid dream?

Postby Gnimaerd » 22 Jan 2018 19:54

Apart of meditating and doing Reality Checks.

HAGART

Re: What are some things you can do while awake that will help you Lucid dream?

Postby HAGART » 25 Jan 2018 04:21

You can get up early one day, skipping REM Phase, and then sleep in the next. It saves up like a battery it seems, and comes back strong, hence the term REM Rebound. That doesn't necessarily make you lucid, but you get more dream juice so to speak. The sleeping at odd times, throwing your waking time off, can sometimes make you wake up in the dream.

So, in short, what you can do while awake is change your waking times. It works, sometimes.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 02 Feb 2018 19:40

One thing I'm trying is doing something similar to dream recall except for Waking Life recall and I mainly started it to boost my memory but what I'll do at the end of the day is I'll go back and reverse order of all the locations I was at and write those all down and then go back through and make notes about everything I can possibly remember about each location and then when I started doing was as I go through the day I'll start paying more attention two little things that I could try to remember later like if I see specific numbers or words somewhere I'll try to pay him extra attention and see if I remember my journal at the end of the dayAnd I mainly did this to boost my dream recall but dream recall helps with lucid dreaming so anything that improves dream recall on for lucid dreaming and also I go over my dreams journals the next day and as much detail bleach and if I didn't think of it at the time and then I'll go over other dream journal entries or read about other people lucid dream stories I think going on the forums helps a lot I just thinking about lucid dreaming a lot during the day

Go left

Postby Go left » 07 Feb 2018 17:16

I have a maybe lesser known technique that is simlilar to the one posted by Hagart. Get drunk. If you fall asleep drunk your body needs to break down/ absorb a lot of the alcohol before it can properly go into REM sleep. So when it finally does hit REM in the later stages of sleep it has a sort of REM rebound effect. Again this won’t necessarily make you lucid and there are probably better techniques. Although this did help me have the most vivid lucid dream I’ve had in months.
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”