controlling my dreams

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
inception03

controlling my dreams

Postby inception03 » 09 Feb 2018 17:45

Hi there,
I first heard about lucid dreaming about a year ago, and started trying to have one myself. Since than I have experienced a couple of them, but never really made any progress. Every time I succeed in realizing that I'm dreaming, I either wake up or am unable to control them. Only once I made a door appear, which let to an empty room where I summoned a butterfly but that was pretty much it. I also tried rubbing my hands together to stabilize the dream but I got distracted by what was happening in the dream and couldn't do anything. I also haven't been trying to have one very consistently but when I do, I usually succeed after a couple days.
So my question is, how do I actually control my dreams once I'm lucid? Hopefully someone can help me with this!
p.s. I hope my English isn't too bad, I'm pretty young and English isn't my first language. :D

Sean Jacobs

Re: controlling my dreams

Postby Sean Jacobs » 27 Feb 2018 17:40

Hi Inception03 (I like the name)

Getting lucid is the first big hurdle for lucid dream. The more often you get lucid the easier it will get to stay in a dream and control the dream. Step 2 is definitely stabilizing the dream. Rubbing your hands is helpful; staying calm is also required; next would be engaging your senses in the dream (touch stuff, smell stuff, listen, look at the amazing details, taste something).

One suggestion is to plan exactly what you will do when you become lucid, and review this in your mind prior to going to sleep each night. If you have a plan you are more likely to succeed. So plan on #1 staying calm, then engaging your senses to stabilize the dream. Then you can plan on what you want to do next, such as flying (my favorite activity in a dream).

Once you have stabilized your dream: One thing you will realize is that you actually have complete controls of everything in your dream (as it is occurring in your mind); you just have to believe you have control (which can be more difficult than it sounds). You can will anything to happen. So plan out, in detail, what you want to do when you become lucid. Before you go to sleep close your eyes and play out the scenario. See and feel what you want to do.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”