Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tonya32978

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Tonya32978 » 18 May 2012 05:16

Hi I am new to this forum but not so new to lucid dreaming. I have had occasional lucid dream experiences within the last few years but had no idea that other people could do this or that there is actually techniques that you can perform to make these happen more frequenlty. I was soooo excited to come across this website and bought the book immediately! I had a lucid dream 3 days after reading the book about 2 weeks ago and have about 4 more since then. The MILD technique I have found works the best for me. So here's my problem...I need to find some ideas of things to do when I am LDing. I always resort to sexual fantasy dreams. Which is not a bad thing but I am ready to experience more! I tried talking to one of my dream figures last night and couldn't think of what to say to him. I ended up asking him "what is your favorite color?" he said "green" and then rolled his eyes and walked away! Lol where can I get some inspiration from?

MANN

Postby MANN » 20 May 2012 09:18

I'm new to this website,
I developed lucid dreaming as a child as a coping mechanism to battle against nightmares. While dreaming I can almost always fly & breath underwater. I have superhuman strength, speed & I am nearly invincible in my dreams. I sometimes have the ability to cause weapons to appear in my hands. I can sometimes but not always turn random objects in my dreams into land, water and flying vehicles. I can also “jump” from dream to dream at will . All of these abilities allow me to destroy adversaries in the dreams or escape from them, such as “bad” people, monsters, wild animals etc. When I saw this website, I thought it was interesting that so many other people have similar experiences. I think it's simply learning how to control your own brain during dreams. I don't agree with the folks here who think they are visiting other dimensions or any of that. Lucid dreaming can be a very fun and entertaining experience and I think it can help you to prepare yourself for real life situations.

Shredman

Postby Shredman » 22 May 2012 10:52

I am very New, Found you by mistake really , saw your article on what will happen 2012. Agree with everything you said but 1 thing, The Polar Shift , and it not doing any damage, seems to me a polar shift would melt some Ice Caps pretty fast and the Damage that could do is , well Biblical I would Think

Mankind could survive but Lordy, It would get pretty nasty fast along all coast lines ...
As Far as 2012 , yea Solar Flares if Anything , and that could cause us some problems, Could you Imagine The Direct TV or God forbid The Internet going Down :)

Guess I Really Dont have a Question, Look Forward to reading some more of your work.
I once was very much Into AP , and Find The Idea of Dream Control Fascinating to say the Least...
http://www.facebook.com/xxSHREDMANxx

Kranter

Postby Kranter » 23 May 2012 12:31

I started trying to LD on Saturday. I use MILD at 10p.m. & practice WILD at 3 am. I realized I was dreaming 4 the first time last night. But I couldnt stay Lucid. I just went right back to a normal dream. How do I fix this?
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

gunner4life

Postby gunner4life » 24 May 2012 19:52

hello, im new to the site, but not so new to LDs.. I've been having lucid dreams for the past year and a half or so i would say. Thing is i like to sleep face down on my bed, does that reduce my chances of LD?? I feel as though it does, and is there anything i can do to change this, as i cant go to sleep unless my body is in this position. ty, any help much appreciated.
I wish to wake up in all my dreams and dream to wake up with lost of wishes.

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » 26 May 2012 03:39

Hi all, first post on the Lucid Dreaming forum. I need to say hi out of good manners, but in truth I've had a massive EUREKA! moment & I just need to splurge it out. It's about something extremely important that I believe I may have stumbled upon regarding LD. And what's really weird is that I'm having deja-vu as I write this, like I've been here before!

I went into a little detail in this post but deleted what I wrote, having decided that it might be wiser to PM directly to an admin or other senior member. Couple of reasons for that: first is possible re-iteration of things you guys may have already discussed; second is that some of the content might be borderline acceptable in the forum. Don't panic, nothing adult, just minor health & safety precautions & finally a request that I want to keep quiet until you OK it. I just want to avoid freaking anyone out with some of the ideas I have by dropping it directly into a public arena.

Please let me know if it's possible to bend someones ear privately for 5 minutes. :D

Thank you!
Artemisia

Kranter

Postby Kranter » 27 May 2012 03:38

Haha Artemisia. That post got me curious. Can't wait to actually hear what it's about.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » 27 May 2012 04:15

Thanks for the reply Kanter :D
No takers yet, so I might just have to reveal a little...

/The Narrow Path & magick.
/A safe, guaranteed, (legal) 100% natural chemical 'key' to the LD toybox (or at least, a key to the room where the LD toybox is kept, or a crowbar to pry it open! hehe) :shock:
/A group participation experiment requiring coordination by Admin.

Kranter

Postby Kranter » 27 May 2012 04:24

PM me the details. This sounds interesting.

Tonya32978

Postby Tonya32978 » 30 May 2012 02:45

@artemisia...I am interested as well! I was put under anesthesia last week for a colonoscopy and I was just so amazed how something could immediately put you in a dream state. Much like in Inception. What if something natural could do this? Hmmm....

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”