Man or Woman... Do we lucid dream differently?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Man or Woman... Do we lucid dream differently?

Postby HAGART » 09 May 2012 06:41

I think there seems to be an equal balance of men and women on this site. But when in a lucid dream do we tend to dream about different things? Or behave differently?

I tend to be more destructive and treat my dream characters poorly. I am not proud of it. I turn into an adolescent boy and start fires and cause trouble so to speak. Knowing there are no consequences for my actions makes me mischievious.

Anyone can respond. I want to see if there is a difference between what men LD about and what women LD about.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Re: Man or Woman... Do we lucid dream differently?

Postby Peter » 09 May 2012 14:47

I used be utterly destructive but now am quite respectful unless I have the urge to break a few things like a glass window or a city. Think the change comes with age more so than gender?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 May 2012 20:27

Peter wrote:I used be utterly destructive but now am quite respectful unless I have the urge to break a few things like a glass window or a city. Think the change comes with age more so than gender?

It could be that we change with age. Or maybe we change with experience. That can be said in life and lucid dreaming experience.

I am 32 years old, but really I am only a child when it comes to lucid dreaming. I'm only a few years old. I read an old dream journal of mine from 2008, and I did basically the same thing I do now... GET WITH THE LADIES!

Forgive me for being honest. My subconscious is as single and desperate as I am! But it's vapid and pointless and never leads anywhere. I have since started to ask deep questions to my dream characters that appear such as, what career choice should I choose. They always answer, " I don't know".

I get bored and then get destructive, but I never really hurt anybody I love. They are all just mindless zombies like a video game.

But I guess that says a lot about me and my character. I am very nice and cordial in real life. I need to vent sometimes and lucid dreams are a nice playground to do that. (I still have restrictions that I will never cross because they go against my principles. Like being hypnotized, you can't make someone do something that they won't want to do because it goes against their core being and morals.)

But anyway... I want to hear from the girls.... maybe I just want to flirt! :roll:

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 May 2012 22:27

Forgive me for being honest. My subconscious is as single and desperate as I am!

LOL - good post and being honest is as good as it gets. Lets see if you get some responses from the ladies on this forum

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jacob D K

Postby Jacob D K » 17 May 2012 20:33

i (a male) when i get my firs dream, because i am having a lot of trouble, will be doing reckless things but, once i get less exited about it, i will start to do things like study and make ideas for my new songs.

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 18 May 2012 05:13

I'm 14 so i guess i'm more of a girl than a woman but I find that I like my lucid dreams to contain things I normally can't do in real life. E.g flying or exploring new lands...Once I changed my brown hair to blonde to see whether it would suit me, though! :roll:
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 May 2012 17:38

Peter wrote:I used be utterly destructive but now am quite respectful unless I have the urge to break a few things like a glass window or a city. Think the change comes with age more so than gender?

This. Definitely.

My lucid dreams used to be like that. But as the years have passed, and my spirituality has taken hold, I've found my dreams, lucid dreams and projections have taken on a more peaceful tone to them.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 May 2012 17:11

LucidKey13 wrote:Once I changed my brown hair to blonde to see whether it would suit me, though

I think that answers my question. We do think about different things sometimes. But flying and exploring are universal. Perhaps we are trained as children. Watching the difference between toy commercials for boys and toy commercials for girls you can see the obvious difference. Are we born different or did society tell us we should behave and fantasize about different things? Probably a little from column A and a little from column B.

However in a dream once I looked in a mirror and I was neither man nor woman. I wasn't a cross-dresser, my face was simply like my own, but a little feminine and masculine at the same time. I think deep down, our spirits don't have a gender.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 May 2012 17:19

HAGART wrote:Perhaps we are trained as children.

Actually, that's ENTIRELY the case. We're taught to act as we do as we're growing up through parental and social teachings/pressures. Our dreams/lucid dreams/astral projections/obes are a result of our experiences. So naturally, we're gonna lucid dream about different things... but on the other end, we're all human and consciousness and we share that quality. So we're also bound to dream about some of the same things too.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 20 May 2012 23:37

As far as lucid dreaming is concerned, the natural human response is to do what cannot be achieved in waking reality. As previously mentioned, both genders will usually wish to fly, teleport, etc. But then there are slight differences in desires between genders, for example (I'm generalizing here, don't want to be accused of being sexist! :P) men might wish to destroy things whilst women may wish to create things. I think gender is definitely a factor to be considered in differences in lucid dreaming, but there are many more which have an impact too, i'm sure.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”