Baby Steps

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
morning_fog

Baby Steps

Postby morning_fog » 22 May 2012 00:20

I'm fairly new to the forums, but have been reading through this site for a few weeks now. I posted one instance I had under Shared Experiences which you can read by following the provided link. I do reality checks during the day(about 5 or 6), I started a dream journal to which to date only has the one entry about the linked description. Still attempting to recall every time after sleeping. Can someone give me a nudge in the right direction as far as reaching that first lucid dream? One main problem that I think is a wrench in my dreaming side right now is finding enough time to sleep. My weekly schedule doesn't allow for the recommended 8 hours a night except for two days out of the week. I try to work in naps whenever I can, but they're never as long as I want them to be. Any and all advice on how to reach that first lucid dream will be greatly appreciated. Seasoned lucid dream experts to first timers and everyone inbetween is accepted. Thank you.

Dream journal excerpt experience:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1532

whimsylaurel

Re: Baby Steps

Postby whimsylaurel » 24 May 2012 12:07

Well, I'm just a beginner, but I'll give you what advice I can.

First of all, WOW, I'm sorry you're so busy, I know how that feels. Sleep deprivation can really have an effect on your dream recall, and can make you too tired to remember your dream when you wake up; I have learned from personal experience. I would suggest taking full advantage of those two days in your week, and fall asleep in the fastest and easiest way way you know (without drug use, of course. Take that stuff, and you'll be waaaaaaay too tired XD) . Personally, I like to use binaural beats to help me fall asleep quickly, or just soft piano music as another alternative. But your methods are completely your own, and I'm not sure mine will work for you, you'll just have to try different things out and see what works best for you. (During your naps would be a good time to experiment.)

Read the part of the article called "Quick Fire Dream Journaling." That method will definitely add a LOT of entries to your dream journal and dramatically boost your dream recall. I really hope this helps!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-remember-your-dreams.html
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn’t want to live there." ~Owl City

"Never regret. If it is good, it is wonderful. If it is bad, it is experience ." ~Anonymous

morning_fog

Re: Baby Steps

Postby morning_fog » 24 May 2012 18:27

whimsylaurel wrote:Well, I'm just a beginner, but I'll give you what advice I can.

First of all, WOW, I'm sorry you're so busy, I know how that feels. Sleep deprivation can really have an effect on your dream recall, and can make you too tired to remember your dream when you wake up; I have learned from personal experience. I would suggest taking full advantage of those two days in your week, and fall asleep in the fastest and easiest way way you know (without drug use, of course. Take that stuff, and you'll be waaaaaaay too tired XD) . Personally, I like to use binaural beats to help me fall asleep quickly, or just soft piano music as another alternative. But your methods are completely your own, and I'm not sure mine will work for you, you'll just have to try different things out and see what works best for you. (During your naps would be a good time to experiment.)

Read the part of the article called "Quick Fire Dream Journaling." That method will definitely add a LOT of entries to your dream journal and dramatically boost your dream recall. I really hope this helps!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-remember-your-dreams.html

Thank you for replying. Yes, I have been strung out lately. Hoping to shift to a more normal schedule soon. I'll definitely read the articles. Thanks for the advice, its greatly appreciated. :)

Return to “For Beginners”