Acrobatics in lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

Acrobatics in lucid dreams

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 May 2012 22:34

Anyone else find this more fun than flying now? Its freaking awesome, in real life I would do front flips on a trampline but never go for backflips, too scared. In dreams however doing backflips is extremely fun, also try doing them over buildings and such.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

KylePK

Re: Acrobatics in lucid dreams

Postby KylePK » 23 May 2012 06:12

Yes, it is quite amusing if you can manage! Since I am an acrobat of sorts in real life (free running), I have developed a huge mental block of backflips since I've bailed on them on hard ground a few times (I was safe, just really scared), but yeah in my lucid dream I really amplified my flips. Good times :D

You should do backflips on the trampoline in your lucid dream. Train your mind to not fear them, and then do them in real life!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 May 2012 06:53

I dont have a trampoline anymore, and its more fun to do backflips over buildings. I wonder if you could train yourself to get better at skateboarding and improve in real life? I have skateboarded before so I guess my mind knows most of the physics of it, I wonder if you can improve on it. I bet you could at least take away the fear of some of new stunts
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 23 May 2012 18:25

Jack Reacher wrote:I dont have a trampoline anymore, and its more fun to do backflips over buildings. I wonder if you could train yourself to get better at skateboarding and improve in real life? I have skateboarded before so I guess my mind knows most of the physics of it, I wonder if you can improve on it. I bet you could at least take away the fear of some of new stunts

Definitely! Your mind actually cannot distinguish the difference between a physical action and a strong visualization of that action. That's why lucid dreaming is so powerful, because when your skateboarding in your dream, your mind goes through the same processes that it would if you were actually skating. Lucid Dreaming is the ultimate training program, as long as your body is already physically capable of what you are trying to get better at.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”