First post

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ABQ Slim

First post

Postby ABQ Slim » 17 May 2012 21:32

Hello. I'm new to the forum. Before last week I didn't know the term "lucid dream." About a year ago, I had three nights in a row during which I awoke around 3:00 a.m., went to the bathroom, had a drink of water, and went right back to bed. Completely normal behavior for me. Then, as I was drifting back to sleep, I heard a buzzing in my ears, increasing slowly in volume, accompanied by a white circular light behind my eyelids. The intensity of the light matched the crescendo of the sound. The first night, I was afraid of the lockstep light and sound, and got out of bed to check that I was OK. Seeing that I was, I went back to bed and closed my eyes, when the light and sound started again. Feeling safer, I let them increase until the sound became very loud and the light was extremely bright, at the end of which the sound disappeared with a "POP!" and the white light became a scene during the day.

I was dreaming. And I was fully aware that I was dreaming. I could see my body but couldn't feel it. I started running very fast. In real life I'm a 49 year old overweight man who doesn't do much running anymore. I experienced the enormous joy of running without any of the exertion. During this run I leapt into the air, and decided before I landed to keep flying. And it worked! The amazing thing was not the flying itself, as I knew I was dreaming and it wasn't real. What is indescribable was the sensation of control during the flight. Like most people, I guess, I've had flying dreams since childhood. But always I was a "passenger" seemingly along for the ride. In this case I was controlling the flight. Fast, slow, hovering, covering enormous distances - I had control and experienced the feedback sensations from the flight. I felt the changes in speed and direction. I truly felt what it must feel like to be a bird.

Anyway, I woke up astonished and it was already 4:45 in the morning. I had similar experiences the next two nights in a row. I really thought I was able to "produce" these results. I even spoke to my wife and friends about it, not getting much feedback because it was unrelatable to them. And then, nothing.

Until last week. Two nights in a row, during which I could fly, breathe underwater without apparatus, and teleport to specific places in my memory. I recognized the sequence of events and anticipated what I might try. I could not read any signs or any written language. It was all just blurry. I could see, but could not feel my body except for the sensations of movement, water against my skin. The weather was clear, sun shining, but neither hot nor cold. I don't remember seeing my reflection anywhere.

After last week, and after having no positive results talking to family and friends last year, I found this place on the Internet. Of course I'm not the only one to experience this! I've been unable to recreate the lucid dreamstate that I experienced last week, but I will continue to try. I still wake up every morning around 3:00.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community here. Pleasant dreams!
Tony

Peter

Re: First post

Postby Peter » 18 May 2012 09:19

welcome and keep at it and in time they will come back

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dreamerinmiami

Re: First post

Postby dreamerinmiami » 24 May 2012 13:19

it will happen again keep trying :D ... keep us posted and happy dreams! 8-)
What is your definition of reality?

Return to “For Beginners”