Dream recall

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Dream recall

Postby Ludic » 27 Apr 2011 20:22

Hello! I generally fall alseep between 23:00 and 24:00 During the night and wake up around 6:30 to 7:00 in the morning, and usually i can't seem to remember any of my dreams. Usually only one or two a week. Lately i've been trying to set my alarm earlier to practice the Quick fire dream journal technique, but i just don't wake up. And in the morning, people in the house seem to be rather annoyed by the noise coming from my room (Thin walls perhaps.) Is there something else i could try in order to remember more dreams, since i really enjoy .. you know, dreaming. // Tim
Artistic stuff ; www.ludic-sama.deviantart.com

Re: Dream recall

Postby Ancient » 28 Apr 2011 04:03

As soon as you wake up in the morning, write in your dream journal. When you wake up in the night, write in your dream journal. If you can't recall any dreams, lay in the same position you were in when you woke up. If you still can't remember, just think about dreams during the day as you go about your normal routine. Eventually something will trigger a memory. The more you focus on remembering your dreams, the easier it will be to recall them.
Dream journal
Dream journal
And I'll mention it one more time - dream journal.
When I first started, it was a process that spanned a couple weeks, with a dream popping up every now and then, but as soon as I started remembering, they just came flooding in.
Sunn O)))
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

Re: Dream recall

Postby Donna » 28 Apr 2011 04:58

In addition to what Ancient advised, you can often regain the memory by starting with the feelings left by the dream and working back to specifics.

I don't like getting up through the night to write in my journal (unless it's a lucid dream). I find mentally going over the dream after it happened and giving it an image, title or symbol is usually enough to bring it back to recall in the morning.

Some mornings, though, all I can recall are fragments.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”