Had my first GOOD lucid dream!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
j1x1n

Had my first GOOD lucid dream!!

Postby j1x1n » 22 May 2012 17:33

Last night i had a dream where i was walking around town stealing money from various stores, and after i got done walking out of an Arby's that i took money from the cash register in, i heard police sirens in the distance. This scared the hell out of me, and i started running down the road which turned quickly from city to country areas with open fields and rural houses. Next thing i know i realized i was dreaming for some reason! i dont know how or why it happened. :)) but then i tried looking around and ended up focusing on the vivid, blue sky. I sort of thought to myself things were a little too fuzzy and thought to myself "clarity now!" but that didnt do anything for me. this upset me because i wanted the full on HD-type resolution that lucid dreams are supposed to have.

I entertained myself for a little while by running and noticing that i wasnt tiring at all and that it seemed like i didnt need to even breathe to keep going! Then i looked at the sky again and thought "i should try FLYING!!!" i increased my speed and jumped, but for some reason every time i tried jumping my left leg would feel all wobbly and i wouldnt jump more than a few inches off the ground. this upset me and made me think i was tired from running.

All of a sudden i came upon a house, and walked inside. (at this point i lost lucidity) There was an older woman in her 40s who looked youthful at the same time because of her vibrant nature and happiness. (you know what i mean? one of those young-old people) There was also a guy there, although i cant remember much of him. Then i noticed that for some reason my girlfriend and her brother were both there. My girlfriends brother went off somewhere to do something, and my girlfriend was in a room with me and the guy i didnt know. I left the room to go do something, and when i came back, they were both fully undressed and were about to start having sex! i was very angry at this point, but the odd thing was, i didnt have the pulsating rage that causes an adrenaline rush. i had a sort of anger that was so intense it weakened my muscles. i proceeded to hit the guy and punch him in the face many many times, but my punches didnt faze him at all. After all this was over i just left and walked away, and from there on the rest of the dream is sort of nonexistant in my memory except an image of a little girl that was a mermaid and she was in the bathtub in the bathroom of the house i was in, with her being silhouetted against the window with sunlight streaming in so i couldnt see her face very clearly. I woke up being happy that i achieved some level of lucidity, but still upset because my muscles failed me at two different points in the dream for some reason. anyone have any ideas as to why i couldn't fly or achieve more clarity by focusing on details or commanding it?

torakrubik

Re: Had my first GOOD lucid dream!!

Postby torakrubik » 22 May 2012 21:31

I've had many lucid dreams and still find it tricky to achieve full on resolution in terms of visuals. Just saying it won't work, you have to DESIRE it. To genuinely wish for sharper vision. If that doesn't work, then it's probably because you aren't expecting it to. Just remember it's entirely possible and that many others have done it.

As far as flying is concerned, it just takes practice. You need to fight your minds natural instinct that 'flying is utterly impossible' and remind yourself that you're lucid - ANYTHING is possible! Good luck.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 May 2012 03:01

torakrubik wrote:I've had many lucid dreams and still find it tricky to achieve full on resolution in terms of visuals. Just saying it won't work, you have to DESIRE it. To genuinely wish for sharper vision. If that doesn't work, then it's probably because you aren't expecting it to. Just remember it's entirely possible and that many others have done it.

I agree with the DESIRE part. Dreams really act on what you really want/expect/believe rather than what you think on the surface. They know what you really want. I can't even have a lucid dream unless I want it badly enough. Right after I have one, it's very difficult for me to have another right away because their is naturally less desire. As time goes by I want it more and more then have another.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

j1x1n

Postby j1x1n » 29 May 2012 01:32

very nice insight, lucidinthesky :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”