Was this a normal or lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ohmaigoshh

Was this a normal or lucid dream?

Postby ohmaigoshh » 28 May 2012 15:33

So I've been researching about lucid dreaming for a while now & decided to try to have a lucid dream. I often do reality checks & have an excellent dream recall; I can remember at least 3 dreams everyday. I tried to have a lucid dream this morning. I tried WBTB & WILD. It was a bit tricky because I had a hard time going back to bed since there was a lot of noise in my house. When I finally fell asleep, I did a reality check in my dream. I looked at my hands and they were severely deformed so I know was dreaming. My brother was in the dream too. We teleported to the Eiffel Tower & then we flew a little & went home. Then, weirdly, I told my brother about false awakenings & to do a reality check when he wakes up. We counted his fingers and he had like 9. The HUGE problem I'm having with this dream is that after I discovered I was dreaming, I had absolutely NO CONTROL. My brother was the one who teleported us because I couldn't even speak in my dream...odd. The dream didn't feel real. It didn't feel like real life at all. Is this because it's my first dream? I thought lucid dreams were supposed to feel like real life. Also, in another dream I had prior to this dream, my ghost was running this track meet while I was sleeping on the ground. I saw myself sleeping on the floor. What does that mean? I hope this is at least progress from my normal dreams if anything. So, was that a normal or lucid dream? Also, what can I do to have lucid dreams frequently?

torakrubik

Re: Was this a normal or lucid dream?

Postby torakrubik » 29 May 2012 22:44

key point: you realized you where dreaming, hence it was lucid, regardless of control.
Dreaming is my drug

Shadow

Re: Was this a normal or lucid dream?

Postby Shadow » 30 May 2012 00:08

Read rebeccas article on how to increase dream clarity. You could rub your hands together, spin in circles, or say out loud "the world is vivid". You should try to activate any or all 5 of your senses. Your right the lucid world is extrememly vivid !

Return to “For Beginners”