sounds

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jacob D K

sounds

Postby Jacob D K » 29 May 2012 16:39

opposed from binuaral beats, could you use other kind of music or sounds to induce lucid dreams?

perhaps classical music (i have heard that mozart effectgs your brain into a state making you more concentrated in learning) audio books about dreaming (i have one with Stephan LaBerge) or other kinds of music?

Peter

Re: sounds

Postby Peter » 29 May 2012 20:22

Try, there is some interesting information if you search for it that new music creates a reaction in the body that released dopamine and that may help. You will have to Google and do some research as I am as its hard to find but interesting to search and lean
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

jamiealexander

Postby jamiealexander » 29 May 2012 20:52

This might sound stupid and I don't know if I've just imagined it, but have you tried using your mind to create your own vibrational frequencies, much like binuaral beats do.

Like I said, I don't know if this will work for everyone but here is what I do:

I use the AUM meditation technique. Google it if you don't know it, but it's something like Auuuuummmmm, both on the inhale and exhale.

I don't really use the A. I just use it to set up the other 2 letters. It's hard to explain but it makes it easier to say u and m when I set it up with an A. I know the AUM technique is some sort of Buddhist technique with meaning, but not when I use it.

Now I pretend I'm in a cave with sleeping bears. I have to say the mantra without waking the bears up. It will be hard to get the hang of it initially, but eventually your mind/body will get in the hang of it.

Now with the mantra I try and create a vibration in the body. Now this is probably where everyone starts feeling a vibration, when their thoughts disappear, but I still pretend that my manta causes the vibration.

Now I picture a machine in my head where the can measure frequency. Nothing fancy, just the face of the machine and I try and set a certain frequency. Now when I use my mantra I try and keep the same frequency, which I'm watching on the machine face, and I try and change the frequency.

The strange thing is, as you try and change the frequency you can feel different vibrations in the body and different sensations. Anyhow, it certainly keeps thoughts away.

I've used this for ages just to meditate but it's great for producing lucid dreams without having to rely on getting your vibrations from external sources.

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 May 2012 03:57

I have read about some meditation techniques like that get you to find you own sound but not tried it, if it works I will see if I master it some time.

Does this produce a WILD or up the chance of getting lucid in the dream ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

jamiealexander

Postby jamiealexander » 30 May 2012 09:49

Yeah, it ups the chance of becoming lucid in the dream. Quite well actually, though probably not any better than normal meditation if you're good at it.

I've not been using it to WILD. I was wanting to use it to try and "project" if you want to call it that, but no luck so far.

reynaldi

Postby reynaldi » 30 May 2012 12:10

maybe this is the same topic again
but, some says that if we use music like "i'm dreaming right now". can we hear our music in the dream?
can you give any music that i can play while i'm dreaming so i can get a lucid dream (fast.. right that day)
sorry for my english..

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”