How do you know?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
sayeh1999

How do you know?

Postby sayeh1999 » 30 May 2012 05:16

So, I just learned about lucid dreaming and i have been exploring this website and I am slowly realizing I might have encountered a lucid dream before! how can i tell if i have? Both the dreams where a couple seconds. One i was falling down on a ice rink and it felt myself fall and my stomach drop, and i woke up when i realized i even kicked in my bed, the other was me getting stung by a bee, surrounded by flowers. I woke up by the sting when i felt it, and realized i was sticking my nail into the spot where the bee stung me! Would these be lucid dreams? I read how you can have them on accident, too.

torakrubik

Re: How do you know?

Postby torakrubik » 30 May 2012 22:34

Not quite, that's more dream incorporation - external stimuli which is being interpreted by your brain and integrated into the dream
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Re: How do you know?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 May 2012 05:13

These sound like vivid dreams and the fact that you remembered them is also a step in right direction toward having a lucid dream.

The big difference is lucid dreams are dreams where you realize during the dream that you are dreaming. It's a completely real waking life experience while dreaming, but with the realization that it is a dream. When lucid, you can touch the world of the dream and feel it, then think to yourself "I'm touching solid objects in a dream." It's not a bunch of images as if they are shown on a screen, but an actual physical solid reality and it feels the same as if you were awake. All your senses work the same as waking life. You can intentionally do things to experience the dream world just like you would do in waking life. Your dream world comes to life and is pretty much indistinguishable from waking reality. Truly a mind-blowing experience.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”