I'm selling a couple of my websites...

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Rebecca
Site Admin

I'm selling a couple of my websites...

Postby Rebecca » 30 May 2012 04:39

Anyone interested in running a website/blog for profit?

World of Lucid Dreaming may be my most popular website, but it's not my only one...

I actually run 6 in total, and I'm finding my time split too many ways. Really I'd just like to focus on WoLD, as well as having a baby in September. So the other sites need new owners to take the reigns ;)

You've seen the success of WoLD (now 2 million+ visitors per year). I started these sites on the same path - to create original content and then monetize them through ads and product sales. I spent a lot of time researching these sites, including keyword demand, competition, viral potential, etc. I only make a site if it passes these key criteria and if I'm confident it's going to generate a meaningful passive income for me, say $1,000-$5,000/month -- in time.

The design is done and the content is well underway. This is a long term project for anyone with a couple of hours to spare each week, and it could one day replace your day job income like it has me.

Full details of the sites for sale are at:

Site #1 - Improve Memory Skills
https://flippa.com/2739975-improve-memory-skills-top-domain-pr3-affiliate-income-1200-monthly-views

Site #2 - 1000 Weird Facts
https://flippa.com/2739887-1000-weird-facts-great-niche-domain-4-5k-monthly-views-passive-income

Please take your time doing due diligence, but note that both auctions end in the next 9 days.

Thanks for checking them out or passing them along to anyone you know who is interested running an income generating website. Feel free to post any questions on their respective Flippa listings if you are a serious buyer, or post below if you're just a curious cat.... ;)

Shadow

Re: I'm selling a couple of my websites...

Postby Shadow » 30 May 2012 16:23

Hello Rebecca ! I'm just a curious cat :) I was looking at your improve memory skills website and it all looks very interesting. I've been trying lucid dreaming for about 3 months now and I can say I've only had about 2 vivid lucid dreams. I think that I don't have very many because my dream recall is pretty bad. I'll usually remember about 2 dreams a week. I try to keep a dream journal but I probably don't write in it as much as I should. So I'm just wondering is dream recall a different kind of memory muscle that you can actually train to get better ?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 31 May 2012 00:28

Yes, I think so.

Some people remember multiple dreams nightly, others remember none at all, and most people fall somewhere in the middle. Just like waking memory - some people have high functioning memories, others are pretty poor, but there are ways you can flex this "muscle" to make to perform better.

The dreaming brain doesn't process new information into memories the same way as the waking brain, so that is why we are quite prone to forgetting what happens in our dreams.

Usually if you don't record the dream immediately on waking, the details will start to fade. Sometimes a dream memory can hit you later in the day, but it won't be as vivid as if you wrote it down in the morning.

And writing down / verbally recording the dream is essential - it's not enough just to acknowledge fleetingly that you had a dream about dinosaurs, you have to TELL THE STORY and run through each element. This is what cements it in your long term memory. You will then be able to recall the dream in detail months down the line, just with a quick jogging reminder from your journal.

I know it takes effort, but I am always amazed at how many more lucid dreams I have when I keep a dream journal. Just 10 mins in the morning is all it takes. I don't do it all year round, just in bouts when I am especially keen to accelerate my lucid dreaming - and it really does help.

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 31 May 2012 01:57

Thanks for your input rebecca ! I'll get to writing and flex my muscles. My memory muscles :)

Return to “Off-Topic”