What if we could live forever?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jamiealexander

What if we could live forever?

Postby jamiealexander » 01 Jun 2012 04:08

I was thinking the other night, wouldn't it be cool if we could live forever.

I know our bodies are going to eventually get old and die, but what about if we could use a machine to perform the actions of our body and hopefully our brain would live on.

Could the brain live longer than our other organs?

I was thinking when we are close to death we could have our brains stored in a big chamber where they continue to live, then we could just lucid dream forever.

Would be cool, no?

Jack Reacher

Re: What if we could live forever?

Postby Jack Reacher » 01 Jun 2012 07:09

I know I would go insane.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 01 Jun 2012 12:02

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, I would feel almost empty and maybe i would get restless after a while, eternity is a looooooooooong time, lol. Death is a part of life..
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Jun 2012 22:45

I would love it and this would be only one of many worlds I could explore
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 02 Jun 2012 06:22

I think without an external stimulus you wouldn't grow or change, eventually you will get bored (long term limit to infinity here) and you would probably go insane.

However ignoring the whole forever part, extending life so you can explore your subconscious for a while sounds awesome.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jun 2012 17:47

My name is Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod. I am immortal. My telomeres regenerate themselves eternally, my life span is infinite and thus I cannot die (unless someone takes my head and my power). I also cannot have children for why would I have them when my organism is everlasting?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 02 Jun 2012 19:48

I certainly wouldn't want to live forever here. That'd be torture.
Not that I don't like this physical reality, but I'd like to eventually move on to experiencing other things.

I do believe we're immortal, just not physically immortal. We're not able to stay within the confines of this physical reality for an undetermined amount of time.

But I do believe we're consciousness, and as such are immortal beings of the (for lack of a better word) cosmos, whom skip from experience to experience within a wide, infinite range of realities in order to do just that... experience and grow spiritually. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 02 Jun 2012 22:43

Jack Reacher wrote:I think without an external stimulus you wouldn't grow or change, eventually you will get bored (long term limit to infinity here) and you would probably go insane.

However ignoring the whole forever part, extending life so you can explore your subconscious for a while sounds awesome.

I agree, and yes! Now that would be the best!! :D

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2012 05:59

jamiealexander wrote:I was thinking when we are close to death we could have our brains stored in a big chamber where they continue to live, then we could just lucid dream forever.

How do you know that hasn't happened already? There is a good article on this site about reality and people's theories about it. One of which is that this is just a virtual reality. Since it is possible in theory, who's to say it already hasn't been done and we are living in a lucid dream. It feels so real doesn't it?

Death is a bit scary, but it is only because it is unknown. All the near death experiences I've heard sounded good actually and some people reported to be disappointed to return back to the living.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”